Memes!! They’re just like games! And I’m not allowed to play games. But sometimes, I fall off the wagon.
It’s all Jeanne’s fault! Yes, the same infamous Jeanne (Cook sister!), who co-created EoMEoTE and has devised yet another fiendish theme for the end of May… I’ll try to make the deadline… although… that might be all too much like a game too. And did I mention it? I’m not allowed to play games.
“Around the World” meme
1. Please list three recipes you have recently bookmarked from food blogs to try:
Of course, “recent” is a relative term. But these have been bookmarked this year and for me, that comes under the definition of “recent”.
- From Haalo’s ‘Cook (almost) Anything At Least Once’: Linguine with a sage burnt butter sauce and sautéed Sweet Potato
I’ve actually had this bookmarked for a while and have been waiting for our garden sage to establish itself after the winter. I think the sage is now full enough to take some snipping and at last we will get to try this wonderful looking dish.
- From Ivonne’s ‘Cream Puffs in Venice’: Caramel Crème Brûlée
And usually I don’t even like Creme Brulée. But this looks way too amazing!
- From Molly’s ‘Orangette’: Chard, Onion, and Gruyère Panade
I discovered this recipe after reading Tea’s (‘Tea and Cookies’) rave about it. I too know that we neeeeeed to have it!
- From Stephanie’s ‘Mana Makan’: Rice Cooker Chicken Rice
Hey!! That’s 4! But I had to include this because we really do intend to make it. And if you haven’t read Stephanie’s translation of the recipe, it’s worth it. I couldn’t stop laughing.
It is actually the chilli sauce that makes me want to make this. Obviously, we’re not going to bother with the rice cooker (seeing as how we don’t have one) but we’ve been thinking that it would work well in the clay pot.
And why haven’t we made this sooner? I’m afraid we forgot…. Good thing I decided to do this meme.)
2. Three food blogs in your vicinity:
3. Three food blogs located far from you:
4. A foodblog (or several) you have discovered recently (and where did you find it?)
The first ones listed were discovered a few months ago. But the last two listed were discovered today. There are SO many wonderful food blogs!
Many foodblog discoveries are largely due to looking at crossblogging events, in particular: Kalyn’s (Kalyn’s Kitchen) Weekend Herb Blogging and the wonderful Spice Is Right that Barbara (Tigers and Strawberries) started. Others are from links on posts of foodblogs that I look at on a relatively regular basis.
- Mana Makan – The Feast CrusadeHere’s the Holy Trail … the Feast Crusade. To cook delicious yet healthy food in an hour or less. Weekends are exempt when it’s all out since I think I deserve it. Wok on!
- Mahanandia way to communicate with my sisters through my mother’s recipes, as they are, tweaked, changed and some new added by me
- Orangettea blog-style collection of stories, often autobiographical and always gastronomical
- Ginger and Mango Check out the Green Blog Project.
5. Any people or bloggers you want to tag with this meme?
If you would like to complete this meme and haven’t already, please go for it!
Well!!! That was fun. Now off I go to the garden to plant some kalonji (will it come up??) and see if the sage really is ready for us to try Haalo’s pasta. I hope so!!