Well, I did it. As I was looking for cheddar cheese this morning for our cheese, onion, green chilli omelette, the container with the wild yeast starter was staring at me.
Sourly mocking me.
Daring me to wait til tomorrow to see what would happen. Spreading its bubbles into an alcoholic sheen on top of the flour and water sludge.
I couldn’t take it any more.
Yup, I just murdered my floor. Down the drain it went. No photographs, just in case you’re thinking of sending the bread police after me for Saccharomycicide. And yes, I have washed away any evidence. Yes, I used soap.
- Why wait for spring? capturing wild yeast: part 1
- bubbles!!! capturing wild yeast: part 2
- still bubbling! capturing wild yeast: part 3
- crackers… capturing wild yeast: part 4
- no bread yet… capturing wild yeast: parts 5 & 6
- baking powder pucks
- Wild yeast hunt is on again…
- care for some flat bread, anyone?
- still hunting for the elusive wild yeast…
- bubbles, tiny bubbles!!
- wild yeast starter recipe