Lisa (Champaign Taste) and Simona (Briciole) have been reading Andrea Camilleri’s Montalbano novels. Apparently, the main character, Inspector Salvo Montalbano, not only solves crimes but has a passion for good food. (Hmm, reminds me of Rex Stout’s Nero Wolf….)
After discussing the books, Lisa and Simona decided to create and co-host an event that is centered around novel food. They wrote:
While reading, I found myself wanting to eat along with my hero. […] Then it occurred to me that, as a fan, [Simona] might also want to make something from one of the books, and we could both write about it. The idea took off from there.
Thus, we’re co-hosting a special event: “Novel Food.” If this idea appeals to you, please join us!
Here are the rules for the event:
- Prepare a dish of your choosing that has a connection to a novel.
- Post it on your blog by midnight [EDT] on September 21, 2007.
For more details on how to participate, please go to:
- Briciole ‘Novel Food’ guidelines
- Champaign Taste ‘Novel Food’ guidelines
- Read about Malvern pudding in this excerpt from The Stone Diaries http://www.randomhouse.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780394223803&view=excerpt
Hmmm, I wonder if we can find any currants still. There were boxes and boxes of them a couple of weeks ago at the fruit market….