Inge (Vanielje Kitchen) and Jeni (The Passionate Palate) are co-hosting an event for people to honour mothers and grandmothers. I rather like that they have chosen a day that is NOT Mothers’ Day….
Here is what Jeni wrote:
For the last few months, Inge at Vanielje Kitchen and I have been going back and forth about creating a blogging event to honor our mothers and grandmothers and the traditions and recipes that they left us. I see so many posts from all kinds of blogs referring to “my grandmother used to make this” or “my mother taught me this”, etc… These ties to our predecessors are universal and obviously strong.
And Inge echoed with:
The event which I have called Apples & Thyme (I hope Jeni will forgive me but it just seemed right) is a celebration of time spent in the kitchen with our mothers and grandmothers (or anyone else you wish to blog about) and what they did or did not pass on to us that influenced how we cook and eat today. We would love you to enter and share with us a person and a dish that celebrates your relationship with them. The closing date is 10th November , with the roundup being posted on 15th November , the first monthly Apples & Thyme Day.
Event rules are as follows:
- Post on your blog before 10th November about your mother or grandmother (or any other person special to you) and time spent with them in the kitchen that influenced how you cook and eat.
- Include a dish which reflects the relationship.
- Take a picture of the dish and/or person.
- Include the words “Apples & Thyme” in your blog title.
Please let as many people as possible know about this event as I can think of no better celebration of life than to honour the women who made us what we are today.
For complete details on how to participate, please see:
- Vanielje Kitchen – Apples and Thyme Event Guidelines (vanielje.com/blog/2007/10/13/apples-thyme-a-celebration-of-mothers-and-grandmothers-and-time-spent-with-with-them-in-the-kitchen/)
- The Passionate Palate – Apples and Thyme Event Guidelines