Bread Baking Babes (BBB) April 2012
Sigh. I wanted to bake this bread! I really did. And I will bake this bread. Just not in time…
Granville Island Beer Bread Diary:
Monday 7 April 14:56:
On our way back from the grocery store, we stopped at the beer store to pick up some Wellington County dark ale. Sure, it’s not Granville Island beer, but I’m not sure that we can get Granville Island beer in Ontario. (Canada has such weird liquor laws!)
I’m going to bake the bread on Friday.
Friday 13 April 09:22: %&^*$%#&&&^++!!!-#$#*^
Well. This is a first. In the past, I always considered Friday the 13th to be a lucky day.
Yup. Life got in the way. And my window of opportunity to bake the bread in time for the BBB deadline is going to whoosh pass.
But we still have beer left and I will bake the bread soon….
In the meantime, here is this month’s BBB recipe. You’ll definitely want to make it. Soon.
- Bread Baking Babes April recipe
» Natashya (Living in the Kitchen with Puppies): Granville Island Beer Bread
Natashya (Puppies) is the host of April 2012’s Bread Baking Babes’ task. She wrote:
While it is true that Canadians are well represented in the Bread Baking Babes, I thought it would be fun to do a Canadian themed bread with the most Canadian of ingredients – Beer! (Extra points for using Canadian beer.)
I hope I’ll make this bread in time for the BBBuddy roundup. I really do. Because the bread sounds fabulous!
For complete details about this month’s recipe, the BBB and how to become a BBBuddy, please read:
- BBB Kitchen of the month: Natashya, Living in the Kitchen with Puppies Granville Island Beer Bread April 2012
- BBBuddy guidelines
- about the BBBabes
Please take a look at the other BBBabes’ Granville Island Beer Bread. It really does look and sound fantastic!
- Astrid, PaulChen’s FoodBlog
- Görel, Grain Doe
- Gretchen, Provecho Peru: Peruvian Andes Beer Bread [BBB]
- Ilva, Lucullian Delights
- Karen, Bake My Day
- Katie, Thyme for Cooking: Babes do it again! Granville Island Beer Bread
- Lien, Notitie van Lien: Bread Baking Babes have a beer
- Mary (aka Bread Chick), The Sour Dough: Bread Baking Babes are a Bit Beery-Eyed
- Natashya, Living In The Kitchen With Puppies: The Bread Baking Babes bake with Beer! (Kitchen of the Month)
- Pat (aka Elle), Feeding My Enthusiasms: Babes Bake Beer Bread – Eh?
- Sara, I Like to Cook
- Susan, Wild Yeast
- Tanna, My Kitchen in Half Cups: BBB ~ Granville Island Beer Bread
To receive a Baking Buddy Badge to display on your site: bake Granville Island Beer Bread in the next couple of weeks and post about it (we love to see how your bread turned out AND hear what you think about it – what you didn’t like and/or what you liked) before the 29 April 2012. If you do not have a blog, no problem; you can also post your picture(s) to Flickr (or any other photo sharing site) and record your thoughts about the bread there. Please remember to email the Kitchen of the Month to say that your post is up.