I love spaghettini with peppers and sausage (or ham). And I really love it when there is lots. So much that we can’t finish it.
Because this means leftovers. Now, leftover spaghettini with peppers and sausage can be reheated for lunch and it’s delicious. But, it can also be used to make a great omelette.
(click on image for larger view and more photos)
We got the idea from seeing Giada DeLaurentis (Every Day Italian) on the Food Network – Canada make a frittata from leftover spaghetti. At least I thought it was a frittata…. I just googled and see she called it Pizza di Spaghetti
Leftover Spaghettini Omelette
(once again, no measurements)
- vegetable oil
- onions, thinly sliced
- leftover spaghettini with red peppers and sausage
- seasalt and pepper
- On the evening before: Make too much spaghettini with peppers and sausage (or ham).
- On the day of: Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add onions and saute til they are beginning to colour.
- Add leftover spaghettini and toss to coat with oil.
- Whisk eggs and pour into pan (we use 2 or 3 eggs for a large cereal bowl’s worth of spaghettini). Every so often, tilt the pan back and forth to set the eggs.
- Flip the omelette over when the bottom is golden brown. Continue to cook until it is done on the flip side. Add seasalt and pepper.
Serve immediately with toast. Or not, if you think that there are already enough carbohydrates. Don’t forget the coffee.
Hmmmm, I wonder if our vegetable store has any sale peppers today….