We recently went to Yayoi Kusama’s “Infinity Mirrors” exhibit at the AGO in Toronto. At the end of the exhibit, just before entering the Obliteration Room, we were handed a card with dots.
By the time we were at the exhibit, there were WAY more dots covering everything in the room….
But, all those polka dots inspired me! I just happen to be this month’s host for the BBBabes. To celebrate the coming of spring at last, I decided I couldn’t wait until the middle of the month to announce this month’s BBB project.
It’s so easy and fun that everyone will want to join!
So, without further ado, I give you BBB Wonder Toast.
BBB Wonder Toast
- 8 slices Classic White WonderBread
- butter, softened
- jam or jelly, optional
- Warming oven
- Fork, optional
- Warm 4 plates, then remove 8 slices of bread from the polka-dot bag and toast them two at a time. Put already toasted slices into a slow oven to keep warm.
- Place 2 slices of toast on each plate. Use the knife to butter the toast (make sure that the butter isn’t hard, but if it is, remember what Grandpa always said, “It’s harder where there’s none”). Cut in half, if you want. Serve immediately, offering jam or jelly (you choose the flavour!) on the side.
:: toaster: If you are camping and don’t have electricity, you can hold a long-handled fork over your campfire to toast the bread
:: why white bread? Because the dots look so pretty on the bag….
Bread Baking Babes
My dad always said it was important to establish blame. Blame the other BBBabes for allowing me to choose the recipe for April 2018’s Bread Baking Babes’ project.
For complete details about this month’s recipe, the BBB and how to become a BBBuddy, please read:
- BBB Kitchen of the month: Elizabeth, blog from OUR kitchen | April 2018
- BBBuddy guidelines
- about the BBBabes
Please take a look at the other BBBabes’ April 2018 Nazook.
- Aparna, My Diverse Kitchen
- Cathy, Bread Experience
- Ilva, Ilva Baretta Photography
- Jamie, Life’s a Feast
- Judy, Judy’s Gross Eats
- Karen, Bake My Day
- Karen K, Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Katie (BBBBB), Thyme for Cooking
- Kelly, A Messy Kitchen
- Pat (aka Elle), Feeding My Enthusiasms
- Tanna, My Kitchen in Half Cups