discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

sigh...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: sigh... Reply with quote

Oh oh

I hate boo! crashes boo!....

Exclamation Question Exclamation Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

edit:

Please note that llizard.crosswinds.net is now located at

llizard.etherwork.net. I THINK that I managed to re-upload all the files....

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Fri 08 Apr, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Now it's the blog.... Reply with quote

I hate boo! script kiddies boo! .

Portions of my blog have had to be disabled because of a security risk (which means no comments, no posting). My webhost is busily working on fixing things so that the error messages will disappear and the security risk is gone. (All this extra work for the webhost just because of those inconsiderate people who feel the need to exploit just for the sake of exploitation. Too bad they don't quit and go out and get real lives.)

And speaking of real life- get ready for it, I've just put the finishing touches on tonight's Black Forest Cake! We are just about to celebrate an unbirthday with outdoor grilled steaks, oven roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, quasi morel sauce, special red wine from the cellar (don't yet know what was chosen). I'll tell you all about our feast in another post. at last! at last! at last!

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Fri 08 Apr, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Now it's the blog.... Reply with quote

llizard wrote:

And speaking of real life- get ready for it, I've just put the finishing touches on tonight's Black Forest Cake! We are just about to celebrate an unbirthday with outdoor grilled steaks, oven roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, quasi morel sauce, special red wine from the cellar (don't yet know what was chosen). I'll tell you all about our feast in another post. at last! at last! at last!

Unbirthday? How do you know when your unbirthday is? Happy Easter!

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Now it's the blog.... Reply with quote

Quote:
Unbirthday? How do you know when your unbirthday is? Happy Easter!

ooh! I never thought of having an unbirthday party! Could we declare that it's our unbirthday and get presents and dinner out?

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statistics prove, prove that you've one birthday,
one birthday ev'ry year.
But there are three hundred and sixty four unbirthdays.
That is why we're gathered here to cheer.
A very merry unbirthday to you, to you.
A very merry unbirthday to you,
It's great to drink to someone and I guess that you will do.
A very merry unbirthday to you

- The Mad Hatter
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that poem in one of the Lewis Carroll "Alice"s, David? I don't think I've ever heard it. (I didn't know that unbirthdays were commonplace!)

CAM, no presents are given on unbirthdays! But cake is served. (sans candles)

Our way of deciding when this particular unbirthday would take place was by watching the weather forecast. We had to wait until the weather was fine enough to barbecue.

We have a tradition in our family that on one's birthday, one can choose any dinner plus cake that one desires. The dinner chosen was barbecued steak. But the birthday fell inconveniently in one of the snowiest, coldest times of this year. So we postponed the chosen dinner to yesterday.

edit: I just found out that someone else in our household HAS heard that mad hatter unbirthday song. So it turns out we didn't make up the concept of "unbirthday". The disparaging words after being subjected to the song being sung: "You've never heard that song before?? What kind of misspent youth did you have?"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: