discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Breakfast Foods
Go to page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you eat for breakfast?
Cereal and Milk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bacon and Eggs
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
I don't eat breakfast
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
pizza
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
whatever I can grab on my way out the door
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Bramble
registered

Slogan:

Australians Wouldn't Give A Bramble For Anything Else.

PostPosted: Sun 17 Apr, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning (well really afternoon) we ate brekkie at a little place called Paulette's Restaurant. It is located on the old coastal highway between small town and little town, and they served superb breakfast, for very few dollars.
The real selling point however, was when the waitress asked me whether I would like SHREDDED or CUBED hashbrowns.

Which do you think I chose?

back on the topic of toast, the brown toast which she brought us was delicious... was neither cold nor flabby, yet both prebuttered and pretoasted before arriving magically at our table.

This place was an absolute oasis on the starving road from little island paradise to city and work. I suggest anyone out the way of the western isles should visit the stretch between small town and little town.

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sun 17 Apr, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bramble wrote:

The real selling point however, was when the waitress asked me whether I would like SHREDDED or CUBED hashbrowns.

Which do you think I chose?

CUBED?

Hashbrowns should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Shredded hashbrowns done well only have crispy on the outside. stomp

I find that shredded restaurant hashbrowns are usually sort of watery, and cubed restaurant hashbrowns are usually just soft. I really hate it when they put paprika on cubed ones to make it look like they browned them (since it shows they know they're supposed to be browned).

At a restaurant, I'd pick cubed since they at least wouldn't be watery. If I knew they would do them perfectly, I think I'd still pick cubed, although maximizing the crispy outside is attractive, so maybe I'd encourage my companion to pick shredded so I could mooch and have both.

at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last!

Last edited by Barbara on Sun 17 Apr, 2005 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Sun 17 Apr, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blm wrote:

Hashbrowns should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Shredded hashbrowns done will only have crispy on the outside.

Not so! Our shredded hashbrowns are crispy on the outside with a thin layer of soft on the inside.

If we hadn't already had a spectacular breakfast, I would vie for some shredded hashbrowns today.

Bramble, Paulette's breakfast sounds fantastic. Almost as good as ours: strong coffee, bacon, fried eggs (mine with melted cheddar on top), leftover oven roasted potatoes (not an offsite link, even if the tooltip says it is...) - dry fried to reheat, toast - freshly made so the butter melted.

Guy
registered

PostPosted: Wed 20 Apr, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On lazy days I enjoy breakfast, eggs, bacon or sausage, hashbrowns, toast juice.

But I am too fat.

Most days I will have a bagel/muffin/ or if really decadent a croissant or danish

On the weekend (while at a spa) I had a salmon whoohoo! hash, it was excellent although a little heavy on the home fries. The toast (multi grain) was also excellent, with too much butter. THe view over the Pacific Ocean in the morning sun was fabulous bravo!

The company ( a woman known to me) was also excellent. Now the meal the night before deserves more elaborate explanation, however I am in the wrong spot (in the forum) so to do.

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you eat for breakfast?

Cereal and Milk 0% [ 0 ]
Bacon and Eggs 25% [ 1 ]
I don't eat breakfast 25% [ 1 ]
pizza 25% [ 1 ]
whatever I can grab on my way out the door 25% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

No obvious favourites so far. (I didn't vote but 5 out of 7 days I eat Cereal and Milk).

----------------------------
edited: I'll try to fix this so that the pre tag works better. I added the big tag inside the pre. With just pre, David's post was not only spaced out badly but also insanely small. Now there are just extra spaces.... - llizard
CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you have already addressed this, but is there a way to enable the poll to allow more than one choice?, e.g. "check all that apply."

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely have cereal and milk for breakfast. Usually it is toast and cheddar cheese. At least once a week I like to have the big breakfast: bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc. etc. Other times it is leftover rice and/or mashed potatoes with melted cheddar. Other times it is bean soup and flat bread.

Hmmm. Perhaps a whole new breakfast poll needs to be created.

CAM wrote:
Perhaps you have already addressed this, but is there a way to enable the poll to allow more than one choice?, e.g. "check all that apply."

As far as I know there is not an option for that. I haven't really delved much into the poll programming though. If this is a feature any of you really want researched, please don't hesitate to ask for it in the about etherwork.net forum folder

DataRyder
registered

PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
The company ( a woman known to me) was also excellent.

....Babe????

- DataRyder

P.S. I'm going to live saying, "Hi guy"
(or should that be, Hee Gee???")

[edit... er,..I'm going to 'love' saying....] <sheepish grin>

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: