discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

why are chipotle peppers so difficult to find?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Mon 02 May, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: why are chipotle peppers so difficult to find? Reply with quote

I'm out of chipotle peppers, and it's a bit difficult to find stores that stock them here on the Canadian west coast. Phooey.

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: why are chipotle peppers so difficult to find? Reply with quote

CAM wrote:
I'm out of chipotle peppers, and it's a bit difficult to find stores that stock them here on the Canadian west coast. Phooey.

Somebody has probably done some sort of stupid demographic study and deduced that you don't want chipotle peppers.

For several years, we could not buy parmesan cheese in our neighbourhood and had to go several blocks over into the Italian neighbourhood to get it.

My neighbourhood pharmacy still does not carry fine unwaxed dental floss because there is no call for it. (So what am I, chopped liver??) But pharmacies in other neighbourhoods DO carry it.

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: why are chipotle peppers so difficult to find? Reply with quote

CAM wrote:

I'm also on the Canadian west coast and I found them in the Mexican section of Safeway. I have also found them in a small Asian vegetable store. As I recall, they were a little cheaper there. skip

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Mexican section Reply with quote

Like Mrs. Brown, I can always find the canned chipotles in the "Taco" section of supermarkets. These are packed in adobo sauce (like "La Costena"). Finding the dried ones is another matter. Why not ask the produce manager at your supermarket to stock some?

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexican section Reply with quote

MEF wrote:
Like Mrs. Brown, I can always find the canned chipotles in the "Taco" section of supermarkets. These are packed in adobo sauce (like "La Costena"). Finding the dried ones is another matter. Why not ask the produce manager at your supermarket to stock some?

There are dried chipotles galore in Kensington Market in Toronto. And inexpensive too so I've never bothered with the canned ones. Are they any good, MEF?

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Not really Reply with quote

No, I don't really want smoked jalepenos put in a sauce by someone else. The canned variety I mentioned is really a last-resort kind of thing. Getting the dried chillis and re-hydrating then youself is best.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: