discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

pasta and chicken

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Wed 11 May, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: pasta and chicken Reply with quote

Rachael Ray's Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon bravo!
I saw Rachael Ray make this the other day and made it that same night because it looked so delicious. It was fabulous but it took me more than 30 minutes to make the dinner--it always does.

It reminded me a lot of Nigella's Chicken from the Venetian Ghetto bravo! so I decided to put the two recipes together. I roasted the chicken like RR except that I used dried basil as the roasting herb. I tossed the whole business together with fettucine, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil and some grilled asparagus. Unbelievably delicious AND there were leftovers so I took them for lunch the next day. It was even better cold. at last! at last! at last! People at work looked longingly at my lunch. They asked me what restaurant I got my lunch from. I smiled smugly and explained that I made it myself in less than 45 minutes.

la la la la la la whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo!

I love food. Now I'm going to go and make Singapore Noodles. Of course, I won't follow that recipe completely either. Oh oh at last! skip skip

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Wed 11 May, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: pasta and chicken Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
Rachael Ray's Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon[/url] bravo! ... Nigella's Chicken from the Venetian Ghetto[/url] bravo! .... I decided to put the two recipes together. I roasted the chicken like RR except that I used dried basil as the roasting herb. I tossed the whole business together with fettucine, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil and some grilled asparagus. Unbelievably delicious AND there were leftovers so I took them for lunch the next day. It was even better cold. at last! at last! at last! People at work looked longingly at my lunch. They asked me what restaurant I got my lunch from. I smiled smugly and explained that I made it myself in less than 45 minutes.

la la la la la la whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo!

Sounds excellent. bravo! Not sure about cold though - I've never been able to get along with cold pasta. The term "sundried tomatoes" always makes recipes sound extra delicious to me. stomp Did you chop the tomatoes or leave them in large chunks?

skip

Guy
registered

PostPosted: Wed 11 May, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. B. Sounds wonderful, makes me want to cook ASAP - alas just finished nice lamb kabobs on the BBQ
G

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Wed 11 May, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: pasta and chicken Reply with quote

blm wrote:
The term "sundried tomatoes" always makes recipes sound extra delicious to me. stomp Did you chop the tomatoes or leave them in large chunks?

skip

Normally, I buy jars of whole sundried tomatoes and slice them up myself. This time, I unknowingly bought already sliced tomatoes. I think they were the same price as the other ones but I was in a hurry and I just took what was on the shelf. I used sundried tomatoes in place of the raisins in Nigella's recipe--MrBrown will not eat raisins.

Guy wrote:
just finished nice lamb kabobs on the BBQ

I would like lamb kabobs on the BBQ ... if I liked lamb.

The Singapore Noodles were terrific--teetering on the edge of too spicy which leaves that burny feeling in your mouth for a few minutes. Mmmmm stomp stomp stomp

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Timing Reply with quote

Heck, Mrs. Brown, with 20 min of roasting and 5 min to rest, I don't think you should even try to match the hyperactive Ms. Ray here.
I don't face the same time constraints that you do; still, I like to serve many dishes straight from the pan. So, to bridge the gap between the last minute stuff and plating, I have a small soup at the ready when Mrs. MEF comes home. I serve it immediately and then say "Come back in 10 min" while I finish the main course. Works fine. In your case the soup part could easily be made in a slow cooker while you work.

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Timing Reply with quote

MEF wrote:
I don't face the same time constraints that you do; still, I like to serve many dishes straight from the pan.

Oh, MEF, I don't have time constraints on me, I just like to see if I can get it done in the same amount of time as a pro. I have a limited attention span so I like to get my dinners ready as fast as I can. That way, I can spend longer at the table talking to my companions. I guess it's that I prefer to eat slowly and cook quickly. skip skip skip la la la at last! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo!

DataRyder
registered

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: pasta and chicken Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
I love food. Now I'm going to go and make Singapore Noodles. Of course, I won't follow that recipe completely either. Oh oh at last! skip skip

Ahem.... Not follow it compleltely?

How can anyone improve on perfection? stomp skip la la la whoo hoo!

- DataRyder

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: pasta and chicken Reply with quote

DataRyder wrote:

How can anyone improve on perfection?

hmmm... and how do you spell "ego"? la la la

The first time that I had Nigella's chicken, I begged that the boo! golden raisins boo! be omitted because I loathe boo! golden raisins boo! I asked that Thompson raisins be used instead. But was my pathetic plea heard? NO! There the golden raisins were anyway and I have to admit that I loved them in the dish. We once made Nigella's chicken with Thompson raisins because we had run out of golden raisins and we both agreed (even I, who still can't stand golden raisins in any other circumstances... except maybe in squashed fly biscuits) that golden raisins are much better than Thompson raisins in Nigella's chicken.

I can't imagine sundried tomatoes in the chicken. It's probably good but it's not Nigella's chicken.... stomp stomp stomp

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: pasta and chicken Reply with quote

DataRyder wrote:

How can anyone improve on perfection? stomp skip la la la whoo hoo!

- DataRyder

I didn't say I was going to improve it, I just said that I wasn't going to follow it completely. I didn't use mushrooms or pork because I didn't have any; I didn't add eggs because it's optional; I didn't use shrimp as, sadly, I have an allergy boo! to shellfish . I added carrots, red and yellow pepper but other than that I followed the recipe. I also added chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seeds at the end. Mmmmmm skip skip skip skip skip whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: