discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Somewhere to lose hours

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Somewhere to lose hours Reply with quote

http://www.baraskit.se/random/archive/80/lp_sleeve_illusions.html
is a series of collections of photographs of weird/cute/confusing stuff. I've just lost an hour clicking on the "random page" links.
(For some reason I can't make the BBCode for URL behave properly but the link does work).

edit: I disabled "smilies" so that the URL looks right and stops the "80" from translating into an exclamation mark. -ejm

baraskit.se: lp sleeve illusions
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Somewhere to lose hours Reply with quote

David wrote:
I've just lost an hour clicking on the "random page" links.

Oh, thank you very much, David... stomp

I think I might have to add Oh oh "baraskit.se" Oh oh to things I'm not allowed to do. (I didn't lose an hour but only because someone told me to stop because it was time for dinner. la la la )

Imagine how many hours were lost creating these cakes pictured on baraskit.se!

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Time well wasted Reply with quote

Hmm....this site could easily steal an hour of your life! With title Bara (only) skit (shit) and the extention SE , I suspect that the site may have Swedish roots; still, we are known for seriousness......

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Somewhere to lose hours Reply with quote

ejm wrote:

Imagine how many hours were lost creating these cakes pictured on baraskit.se!

Seems like it must have been days, not weeks. There's a show on Food Network called "Ace of Cakes" where they make cakes that sort of look like real things. It seems to take a couple of days for them to make their cakes, which are not even a tenth as realistic as some of the ones on that page. I thought it was a real sewing machine stuck on top of that one cake until I saw that the edges weren't quite as perfect as a real sewing machine.

Yesterday, after David posted the first message, I went to the site and clicked on the Random Images button. It kept coming up with pictures of cars being crushed (fun, but not that fun), so I abandoned it after 2 or 3 clicks. Just now I tried again and got something good each time. Yayy. la la la

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: