discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

"Gone Baby Gone" - Killer Movie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Sun 06 Apr, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: "Gone Baby Gone" - Killer Movie Reply with quote

Ben Affleck directs, Dennis Lehane wrote the book, the star is Casey Affleck. A great movie (confirmed by a second viewing with Ms. MEF tonight) - "Gone Baby Gone". Review by Roger Ebert http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071018/REVIEWS/710180303/1023
Casey Affleck is one strong actor.

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: "Gone Baby Gone" - Killer Movie Reply with quote

MEF wrote:
Ben Affleck directs, Dennis Lehane wrote the book, the star is Casey Affleck. A great movie (confirmed by a second viewing with Ms. MEF tonight) - "Gone Baby Gone". Review by Roger Ebert http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071018/REVIEWS/710180303/1023
Casey Affleck is one strong actor.

Not a big fan of Ben Affleck.
Big fan of Dennis Lehane.
I certainly hope Casey Affleck is a better actor than his brother since he can't be worse.... whoohoo!

DataRyder
registered

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: "Gone Baby Gone" - Killer Movie Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:

I certainly hope Casey Affleck is a better actor than his brother since he can't be worse.... whoohoo!

I liked this movie very much. Thought provoking - with enough twists and turns to keep you wondering. Also, a good look at a Boston neighbourhood and the folks that live there.

Ben Affleck's acting career was definitely on the skids. Smart to take a turn behind the camera. Looks like he could be around for a while yet.

Dataryder

ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: "Gone Baby Gone" - Killer Movie Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:

I don't think I've read anything by Dennis Lehane. (I'll head straight to the library to put one of his books on hold.)

I don't mind Ben Affleck as much as you, MrsBrown. And I was pretty impressed with his direction. I thought this movie was quite good
Spoiler (highlight to read):
and one of the reasons was that it caused a discussion afterwards about whether the child should have been left with the "kidnappers", where she was clearly happy and well loved or whether it was correct that she was returned to her less than adequate single mother

Links to "Gone Baby Gone" at the Internet Movie Database, Rotten Tomatoes, etc.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_Baby_Gone#cite_note-1
(Scroll up on the wikipedia page to see a synopsis of the story.)

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejm wrote:

I don't think I've read anything by Dennis Lehane. (I'll head straight to the library to put one of his books on hold.)

Shutter Island is excellent. He also wrote Mystic River which was made into a very good movie with Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. I like the whole series of books with Patrick and Angie. Like I said before, I'm a big fan of Dennis Lehane's.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: