discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Mouse Fun

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Mouse Fun Reply with quote

I've written here before about our new place and how great it is. Now, one small (about 2" small) flaw has emerged. It emerged from under our dishwasher 3 days ago - a mouse. Yesterday, the super came up and sealed a large hole in the wall where it had come in. Problem solved; well, not quite. Before he sealed the hole he forgot to ask our mouse to leave! So, now, it's just me and him in the same apartment. He seems a little reluctant to come out and step on the very sticky glue boards I've put down for him. Anyone want to loan me their cat?????

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mouse Fun Reply with quote

Quel drag MEF!

I'd lend you our cat but our cat would be useless. He used to keep mice at bay but now it seems he just watches. We had a major infestation of mice this fall. They moved in behind the fridge (which is VERY difficult to pull out).

Why DO they make fridges so hard to move? Is it really too much to expect that they would be on decent casters?

The old fashioned traps work, if you're not too squeamish about disposing of the poor creature(s). I also recently heard that steel wool jammed into any likely holes in the wall stops re-entry. And likely looking holes? Any hole at all. As I was doing the dishes about a month ago, watching the useless cat stalking a mouse - thinking foolishly that the cat would succeed - the mouse made a break for it and raced under the kitchen door. The space? Not more than a quarter of an inch. I don't know how it pushed its little head through with such ease.

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Fri 03 Dec, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Mouse Fun Reply with quote

MEF wrote:
Anyone want to loan me their cat?????

We don't have a cat, MEF, but we would be happy to lend you our dog. MrBrown says that she would go after it and she might get it in the same way she goes after flies against the window. He says that she would understand that it's part of her job as Protector of the House. Of course, she might be afraid of the mouse but she would still try because she's a Good Dog. Fat, but good.

How about one of these cats? stomp stomp stomp

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Fri 03 Dec, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a cat but I could send my 4 boys to chase the mouse around with hammers if you like? They won't make too much noise.

Edit: Alternatively, leave a dozen Mars Bars on the floor and wait for it to get so obese that you can catch it yourself.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: