discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Pictures of travels around the world
Go to page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MicheleCerulli
registered

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Recent updates Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
I'm guessing that the problem might be that the categorization is left up to the person uploading the picture. A normal person will categorize correctly. But some dweebs will purposely categorize those boring nudy shots as landscapes and think it's a good funny joke.

I think I'll stick to looking only at your pictures, Michele and perhaps not voting, just in case.

The categorization is done by viewers that can vote for it, which means that some stupid persons just categorize a nude girl as a landscape because they want to annoy people; but because it is a voting system, then other people can vote to categorise that nude woman as a ~p~or~n~ and it won't appear as a landscape. ...it is a new system, and needs a while to get stable, moreover it helps us being safe, but it cannot prevent stupid behaviours. In other words, the more are the stupid viewrs, the less safe it is.

However, go and keep watching my pictures, they are there also for you happy

edited by llizard: Michele's safe page: http://www.plus613.com/uploader/mkcerusky

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Recent updates Reply with quote

MicheleCerulli wrote:
The categorization is done by viewers that can vote for it, which means that some stupid persons just categorize a nude girl as a landscape because they want to annoy people; but because it is a voting system, then other people can vote to categorise that nude woman as a ~p~or~n~ and it won't appear as a landscape.

Well this is a slight problem, isn't it? First of all, one has to rely on the dregs of internet society. And then second of all, it's a subjective thing. I would consider some nude photos as being acceptable viewing. (although very few nude shots would fall into the "landscape" category) But any acceptable ones to me would have to be art shots. Some people (idiots) would argue that the airbrushed bleached blondes wearing small frilly aprons are "art shots".

But setting that aside, are you saying that if regular folk vote for things correctly, then the incorrectly categorized images will be shunted out? (I hope my question makes sense!)

edit: I just took a look at the about page for plus613

plus613 about page wrote:

note: illegal/disgusting images will not be tolerated - the basic rule of thumb is 'if you wouldnt show your mother, we dont want it'

Clearly, some people's mothers out there are very different from my mother!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: