discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Italy in the Second World War

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Mon 08 Nov, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Italy in the Second World War Reply with quote

I guess any education system has to choose priorities when it comes to world history; all of it cannot be covered. Stlll, some omissions (from the system, I mean) make you wonder. I've just finished reading a really good mystery by Michael Dibdin called "The Dead Lagoon". I've read other Aurelio Zen books by him, but have never given a lot of thought to the matter of Italy's role in WWII which he often touches upon. His story led me to a cusory look at what happened. Italy was in the throes of Fascism - it decides it would be cool to "rule the Mediterrenian" - it launches crazy attacks in Greece and Africa - it gets attacked by the Allies from the south and surrenders immediately - the Germans (former allies) attack from the north and the most insane battle rages for years in Italy between the Allies and Germany - thousands die, many cities are destroyed - for what? I don't remember any of this stuff from grade 9 or 10. Am the exception here?

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's part of the school curriculum here but we are a very European orientated in our view of history.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: