discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

online jigsaw puzzles with non-pre-known pictures

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sat 27 Nov, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: online jigsaw puzzles with non-pre-known pictures Reply with quote

There are many sites with online jigsaw puzzles, but they all seem determined to let you know what the picture is, either before or even more annoyingly during boo! boo! the solving.

I've found a site with some pretty nice puzzles bravo!; you can get new puzzles by just typing a different number in the URL; as long as you avoid looking while it's loading, you can then solve it without knowing what it is. (Maybe other puzzle sites would work the same way.)

Here's a couple - an easy one (1) and a harder one (2). Just don't watch it while it's loading (you can peek at rightmost edge of the centre section, to see when the scattered pieces appear). To get a new puzzle, just replace the '1' or '2' in the URL with some other number. I've gone as high as 59 (at random, I haven't actually solved 59 puzzles ... cough)

Easier one

Harder one

Something else I just found out - in general, there are three versions of each puzzle.
22a is easy, 22 is medium and 22b is hard (fewer or more pieces).

If you do like to pick the puzzle picture before you solve it, the main page is here: Online Puzzle House la la la

Goldilocks
registered

Slogan:

Something Special In The Student

PostPosted: Mon 29 Nov, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first time doing an online puzzle, so I tried the easier one. I found it impossible not to cheet, and I looked at the picture before it scattered. boo! boo! There was clearly not enough working space either. How do they expect me to properly sort my pieces in such harsh working conditions?

skip skip skip stomp

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Mon 29 Nov, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldilocks wrote:
I found it impossible not to cheet, and I looked at the picture before it scattered.

"I can only say that I have no trouble keeping my eyes off the screen", said blm smugly. la la la

Goldilocks wrote:
There was clearly not enough working space either. How do they expect me to properly sort my pieces in such harsh working conditions?

Ya, harsh indeed. I don't know why they're so stingy boo! boo! boo! with the working area. I pile up the uninteresting pieces in one corner until later when they become interesting, but it would be better if there was room for the completed puzzle already there when you start working on the puzzle.

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 30 Nov, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blm wrote:
Goldilocks wrote:
I found it impossible not to cheet, and I looked at the picture before it scattered.

"I can only say that I have no trouble keeping my eyes off the screen", said blm smugly. la la la

I didn't realize that it took so long for the page to load and looked too soon on the first one. So THAT one was ruined. But with the rest, I minimized the browser and did something else for at least a minute to ensure that I would only see puzzle pieces.

I agree. There isn't nearly enough workspace. It reminds me of doing puzzles in real life. Solved bits are inside large books and I have to try to remember which book has the section with the squiggly lines and which book has the section with the red dotted stuff.

In spite of the lack of work space for solving, the bravo! jigsaw puzzle site bravo! is great. Thanks blm. It's especially handy that it is impossible to put the wrong pieces together (as can happen with reallife puzzles - causing a world of grief when there is a squiggly line piece mistakenly placed inside a red dotted stuff area.

J Michael
not logged in

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jan, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BLM, love doing jigsaw puzzles and tried the easier one and yes, it was the very first time doing it online! Have a blessed day!

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jan, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldilocks wrote:
It was my first time doing an online puzzle, so I tried the easier one. I found it impossible not to cheet sic, and I looked at the picture before it scattered. boo! boo! There was clearly not enough working space either. How do they expect me to properly sort my pieces in such harsh working conditions?

skip skip skip stomp

Thank you BLM for posting these puzzles. Just the sort of thing for a holiday Monday when one should be tidying up the Christmas Chaos. I agree with Goldilocks about the insufficient workspace. Personally, I prefer to look at the puzzle picture ahead of time. I can hear the boos and hisses from BLM and Goldilocks. hohoho on the 10th day of Christmas, ten lords a leaping stomp skip stomp skip stomp skip stomp skip stomp skip hohoho

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Jan, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAM wrote:
Personally, I prefer to look at the puzzle picture ahead of time. I can hear the boos and hisses from BLM and Goldilocks.

I'm surprised that you didn't hear my boos and hisses as well. stomp

boo! looking at the picture ahead of time boo! ... sheesh... way to spoil the puzzle.... skip

On the 11th day of hohoho Christmas hohoho ... eleven heifers hulahooping

whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! whoo hoo!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: