discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

So has anyone seen any good movies?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » bravenet archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravenet_archive
Administrator

Slogan:

forum administrator (aka llizard)

PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: So has anyone seen any good movies? Reply with quote

Originally posted by CAM on Aug 5, 04 - 7:55 PM

Good films lately anyone? I was a tiny bit disappointed in "The Bourne Supremacy" -- I love spy movies and we felt like "going to the show" one evening. But this one was a bit short on plot and narrative. There was some fairly good chasing around, the action was a bit too blurred for my tastes. My daughter and I both found our minds beginning to wander during the longest, blurriest chase scene. Yes, I know that in "real life" a chase scene would be all a blur but real life chases generally don't come with millions of dollars to spend on choreography and photography with the latest gadgets.

I would have been happier with it if I'd waited for the video. Still, it was okay -- I will look forward to the third story in the Bourne trilogy.

bravenet_archive
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: So has anyone seen any good movies? Reply with quote

Originally posted by llizard on Aug 11, 04 - 6:41 PM
Related Website: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1125540-dummy/

We recently rented "Dummy" (DVD). It's a small independant movie starring Adrian Brody (before he became famous). It's a quite satisfying movie. Sorry, it's not exactly a spy thriller, CAM - I'd love to see a good spy thriller!

bravenet_archive
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Two vg flicks and one fluffy fun one Reply with quote

Originally posted by CAM on Aug 15, 04 - 10:46 PM

City of God -- excellent! But pretty gruelling violence -- not gratuitous violence, though. Brazil -- Portuguese with subtitles. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/city_of_god/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/city_of_god/

Pentagon Papers -- the story of Daniel Ellsberg. Very good -- well worth watching. I loved the actor who portrayed Ellsberg and hope we will see more of him! http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pentagon_papers/

13 going on 30. Fluff. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/13_going_on_30/

Last edited by bravenet_archive on Thu 14 Oct, 2004 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
bravenet_archive
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: So has anyone seen any good movies? Reply with quote

originally posted by llizard on Aug 16, 04 - 5:53 PM

We recently rented "Kill Bill, vol.2". I liked "Kill Bill, vol.1" but didn't love it. However, after seeing vol. 2, I am revising my feelings about the first one and overall give the two volumes thumbs up.

Also saw "Hildalgo". It was not great but not terrible either - good satisfying movie reminiscent of the old Hollywood westerns.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » bravenet archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: