discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

llizard's advent calendar, 2004
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldilocks wrote:

I thought that December 13th's Carol of the Bells was wonderful, but was blown away by today's Oh Tannenbaum wrapped around the Christmas tree! Brilliant!

hohoho hohoho

Me too and me too. I thought I had posted already how much I liked the Carol of the Bells bravo! one. I guess I forgot to do the final Submit after the final Preview.

* hohoho *! hohoho la la la hohoho *

llizard wrote:
I am also rather pleased with Carol of the Bells. I sort of wish I'd taken more time (ha! as if it weren't already late as it is!) to get the echos of the bells ringing at slightly different angles. But again, I'm glad it is a somewhat of a success.

Oh, no, not just somewhat. stomp stomp

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Thu 23 Dec, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

December 23. bravo! "Do you hear what I hear?" bravo! That is my absolute favourite carol! Lovely picture. I've been waiting and waiting for this one.

Thanks! hohoho hohoho hohoho

edit: Now THAT'S an audio virus I can live with! hohoho

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Thu 23 Dec, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
December 23. bravo! "Do you hear what I hear?" bravo! That is my absolute favourite carol!

Many thanks MrsBrown. I'm glad you like it. It's one of my favourite carols as well.

Another favourite piece of music for me is "Amahl and the Night Visitors" At some point I was going to do "Have you seen a child" but I just yesterday was contacted by the library that the piano score I put on hold had finally arrived at our branch. So I don't think I will be able to manage to include Amahl this year. I think there might be copyright issues as well - so I guess I'm off the hook. Besides, how could I possibly have illustrated that one!!?

--------------
I'm still anxiously waiting for comments on the image and music for 21st... I know that song is a big favourite. hohoho whoo hoo! hohoho

Goldilocks
registered

Slogan:

Something Special In The Student

PostPosted: Thu 23 Dec, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm still anxiously waiting for comments on the image and music for 21st... I know that song is a big favourite.

This is not a song with which I'm terribly familiar, but this picture is quite lovely. Although, does a fire in a fire place qualify as an "open fire" ?
I also feel slightly sorry for Santa, don't people think of him before they light their fires on christmas eve Question Maybe Santa has a special gadget for putting out fires on his way down the chimney. What a shame it would be to squeeze through a dirty chimney only to discover that he's going to burn his feet. boo! boo! BUT, those boots are excellent, and not at all like the big black boots with big buckles one sees so often. Idea Are they fire proof? stomp stomp stomp

Both the music and the image are excellent, like the rest. hohoho hohoho

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Thu 23 Dec, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llizard wrote:

I'm still anxiously waiting for comments on the image and music for 21st... I know that song is a big favourite. hohoho whoo hoo! hohoho

I agree with Goldilocks that the boots are excellent. Actually, the whole illustration is excellent bravo! - I especially like the fire. And the stocking. And the bricks. And the fur on the pants. Whoo hoo! whoo hoo!

"Chestnuts" is indeed one of my least favourite boo! Christmas hohoho songs; I carefully averted my eyes while reading the lyrics on the Dec 21 entry, to avoid infection.

hohoho

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blm wrote:
"Chestnuts" is indeed one of my least favourite boo! Christmas hohoho songs; I carefully averted my eyes while reading the lyrics on the Dec 21 entry, to avoid infection.

hohoho

I agree. The illustration is excellent as always but the song...well, the song boo! is ... "icky" is a word that springs to mind. I tried to avert my eyes but alas, audio virus!! Luckily, I was able to reintroduce the audio virus of Do You See What I See? A star, a star, shining in the night, .... hohoho At least it wasn't that awful song F-l-z N-v-d-d sung by the man with the nasal voice. hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blm wrote:

"Chestnuts" is indeed one of my least favourite boo! Christmas hohoho songs; I carefully averted my eyes while reading the lyrics on the Dec 21 entry, to avoid infection. hohoho

This reminded me of something a friend sent me today in which he said "Seasons Greetings" and told the following story:

The national chess club held its annual convention shortly before Christmas at the same hotel each year. For three days they would meet to hear and discuss papers on such things as chess strategies, mathematical theories and computer programs. Each night long into the wee hours, they would congregate in the lobby and hallways, eagerly bragging of their recent victories. Finally, after a particularly boisterous convention, the manager asked the club's secretary to please book its convention elsewhere next year and thereafter.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
He just could not stand one more session of chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.
* *! * * *
la la la hohoho hohoho hohoho

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: now I feel silly Reply with quote

llizard wrote:

edit: There is already one other version of the "oh no" page to be seen if you try looking ahead in another way.

Aha! I finally found this other way (by accident).

I've had "said the night wind to the little lamb" hohoho running through my head all night. What a relief to have an excellent bravo! tune instead of something more rebarbative like

Chestnuts boo!

hohoho * *! hohoho

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Mon 27 Dec, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: now I feel silly Reply with quote

blm wrote:
rebarbative...

what an excellent word... bravo!

I had to look it up and learned that it means
repellent, irritating

Is there anything more rebarbative than
boxing day sales
? boo!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: