discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Digital Photo Viewer - Very Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Sun 12 Dec, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Digital Photo Viewer - Very Cool Reply with quote

Anyone who has switched to digital photography knows all the advantages of manipulation, web display, compact storage, etc. But, one thing that is not easy is sharing your photos with more than one person at a time like the old fashioned slide show. I picked up a remarkable device from Sandisk today called a DPV http://www.dpreview.com/news/0301/03011101sandisktvviewer.asp
that solves this problem. It consists of a small box which plugs into your TV and into which you insert whatever storage media your camera uses (eg. Compact Flash card) and all the images display on your screen in full size (i.e. the lager the screen, the larger the image). A remote control lets you advance at your own pace and also lets you zoom in and pan. You can have a "slide show" in your living room for a whole group of people; all this for CAD $39.00!!!!!!!!!

oops, I forgot my name

PostPosted: Mon 13 Dec, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea. It's simpler than method of saving the images to CD and then putting it into my DVD player. The DVD player automatically starts a slide show of jpg images and the remote control allows horizontal-vertical flips and zooms. I'm so easily impressed by technology.

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Tue 14 Dec, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Portable Reply with quote

Burning DVD's is fine, but my little device fits in my pocket and can be plugged into any TV (everyone has a TV) so I can pester anyone with a slide show in their home. Anyone else there can plug in any of their cards (takes 4 kinds) directly from their camera and show all what they've just shot.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: