discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

The Lizard Kitchen - Check out the new blog!!
Go to page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: The Lizard Kitchen - Check out the new blog!! Reply with quote

Our gracious host has launched a brand spanking new blog where all the inside secrets of her kitchen are revealed; a must visit for all forum members!!

Just click on the "blog from our kitchen".

David+
not logged in

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo I love reading blogs, especially of people I "know". The trouble is I always forget they're there and have to sit and work my way through a mini novel every few months.

I've started my own blogs on 3 separate occasions and abandoned them after less than a week partly because I forgot they existed, partly because nothing worth recording was happening in my life and and partly because nobody was ever going to read them anyway.

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Blog Blues Reply with quote

Hey, David, just click on "blog from ur kitchen" evertime you post/look here.
As for your own life "having nothing worth recording", I beg to differ! When you look a boot catalogues or travel to Paris, the world stops!

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes! Now the cat's out of the bag. I'm not sure if I should thank you or not, MEF. Now I'll have to remember to post!

David+ wrote:
I've started my own blogs on 3 separate occasions and abandoned them after less than a week partly because I forgot they existed

As I was registering for Blogger in order to post a comment on someone else's blog, I discovered that I was not only already registered but that I had started one on "Blogger" sometime in 2003!! I must have disliked something about the blogger program because there was only one test entry. For sometime, until recently, my blog was on a simple HTML page with a note to come here to start a discussion about a post.

And David, MEF is right! You have zillions of fascinating things to blog about! But a word of caution. If you think that blogging will take you away from here, please please reconsider. As MEF pointed out, we wouldn't be happy without our vicarious trips to Paris, discussions of proper footwear, etc. etc.

(And speaking of login problems, are you happy seeing the flashing red note telling you to enter your name or are you still unable to stay logged in?)

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David+ wrote:
Ooo I love reading blogs, especially of people I "know". The trouble is I always forget they're there and have to sit and work my way through a mini novel every few months.

Llizard's blog has RSS. I hardly know how to spell RSS la la la let alone what it means, but when a blog has RSS, you can get new blog entries delivered to your email.

But even with RSS, I find I have the same problem with the mini novels. And there are so many blogs to follow ... auugh. Exclamation

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jan, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blm wrote:
Llizard's blog has RSS. I hardly know how to spell RSS la la la let alone what it means, but when a blog has RSS, you can get new blog entries delivered to your email.

Oh, is THAT what RSS is!! There are all sorts of things on the blog that mean nothing to me - I haven't even gone into the documentation to see if they're explained or not. I did read about "pingback" and didn't really understand it and "trackback" and didn't really understand that either. I'm hoping that all the new terms will suddenly be explained to me by osmosis. la la la

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jan, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: llizard's kitchen - Check out the new blog!! Reply with quote

MEF wrote:
Our gracious host has launched a brand spanking new blog where all the inside secrets of her kitchen are revealed; a must visit for all forum members!!

Just click on the "blog from our kitchen".

oh oh oh, I want a blog, too! But what would I put on it?

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: llizard's kitchen - Check out the new blog!! Reply with quote

CAM wrote:
oh oh oh, I want a blog, too!

Me too. stomp

CAM wrote:
But what would I put on it?

Me too. la la la

But I don't want a new blog, I want an established one. I want to have started my blog last year ...

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jan, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that I want a blog but I'm doubtful of my motivation to keep it going. The problem has always been that when I have a few "Nothing happened today" entries I lose interest. I'm the same with diaries. It used to be a common Christmas present to me as a child but I never wrote anything past mid-January. I did find one a couple of years ago from when I was aged nine. The last entry was "Played table tennis with Gillian. She played like a fool".
CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jan, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I still think that I want a blog but I'm doubtful of my motivation to keep it going.

me too.

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reasons best know to themselves, some members from another forum have been nagging me to collect my rants in one location and eventually I have given in and reanimated a blog I started in 2002. If you decide to click on this link can I please ask you to bear in mind that the blog represents only the 1% of time when I'm being grumpy. Most of the time I have a cheerful disposition and use the blog as a form of therapy. http://davidstwistedmind.blogspot.com
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
http://davidstwistedmind.blogspot.com

I love it!! But wait!!

Add this to your rants:

And what's with blogs that don't allow commenting?

I want to make a comment about the KFC ad!

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: I laughed out loud Reply with quote

David's blog wrote:

A few things have been bugging me...

The way the word "phonetic" is spelt. Was that supposed to be funny?

I laughed out loud at this line.

Great blog - I love rants. la la la

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
David wrote:
http://davidstwistedmind.blogspot.com

I love it!! But wait!!

Add this to your rants:

And what's with blogs that don't allow commenting?

I want to make a comment about the KFC ad!

It took me a long time to be convinced to put my rants in a blog. Allowing comments has never occurred to me. I can see the potential for abuse.
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

Allowing comments has never occurred to me. I can see the potential for abuse.

I suppose. But think of the material you could glean for more ranting!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: