discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Spaghetti Frittata with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Mozzarella

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Spaghetti Frittata with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Mozzarella Reply with quote

My 10 year old son decided that he wanted to make dinner tonight bravo! and he's making it right now. He chose to make spaghetti frittata with onions, zucchini and tomatoes. He read a number of recipes in the 365 Ways to Make Pasta recipe book and decided on this one. I recommended a few other (easier) ones to him but no, he had to make this. He has to chop zucchini, onions, garlic, tomatoes. He was quite disappointed not to be allowed to use the insanely-sharp-cleaver-that-I'm-slightly-afraid-of and is "making do" with the chef's knife. He won't let me stay in the kitchen because he said that I'll take over. How well he knows me.

I guess this is a good thing that he's so interested in food that he wants to make it himself but I think I'm going to have heart failure. Maybe I'll go out to the garden.

He just walked past me saying "I'm fine in case you're wondering...it's just a small cut." Oh oh

SHRIEK!!! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! la la la skip skip skip skip skip stomp stomp

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Spaghetti Frittata with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Mozzarell Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
My 10 year old son decided that he wanted to make dinner tonight bravo! and he's making it right now.

He just walked past me saying "I'm fine in case you're wondering...it's just a small cut." Oh oh

SHRIEK!!! whoo hoo! whoo hoo! la la la skip skip skip skip skip stomp stomp

Excellent! bravo! bravo! Not the cut boo!, but the dinner-making stomp. I hope it is just a small cut. It sounds like he's also capable of dressing his own cuts, though - also excellent.

How was the dinner?

whoohoo! la la la

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Spaghetti Frittata with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Mozzarell Reply with quote

blm wrote:

How was the dinner?

whoohoo! la la la

Excellent! He made a vegetable sauce (onions, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic) that took less time to make than he expected so he left it on the stove on a low heat. The onions and tomatoes caramelized (sp?) and made a sweet yet savoury sauce. It was fantastic. He didn't quite understand that he was supposed to serve the frittata like a pie and spoon the sauce over top so he broke it all up in a bowl and mixed the sauce in. Whatever! It was delicious however it was served.

His true motivation came out as we were eating this excellent repast: "Is it true that because I made the dinner that I don't have to do the dishes? whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! "

edit: I forgot to say that the cut was quite minor. He didn't let it slow him down at all. Hmmm, maybe he'll have his own Food Network Show: Cooking To Get Out Of Doing The Dishes

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Spaghetti Frittata with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Mozzarell Reply with quote

bravo! Well done Brownboy!! bravo! I've often thought that a spaghetti frittata would be good. Am I wrong that there are eggs in this dish as well?

MrsBrown wrote:

His true motivation came out as we were eating this excellent repast: "Is it true that because I made the dinner that I don't have to do the dishes? whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! "

Hey!! I didn't know about this rule! stomp Does this mean that I get to cash in by refusing to do the dishes to make up for the times that I made dinner AND had to do the dishes? whoo hoo!

MrsBrown wrote:
He just walked past me saying "I'm fine in case you're wondering...it's just a small cut."

Errrr!! These are almost the scariest words in the English language. It reminds me of a skit I saw years ago on TV. It was set in the cockpit of a plane and the pilot turned to the copilot and said, "Let's have some fun with the passengers." He then went onto the speaker system, introduced himself as the captain and said something like, "There is no cause for alarm. The right engine has not cut out and is now running."

Very relieved to hear that the cut was minor.

Guy
registered

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Brown Boy.
sounds like a great meal. And I agree, He ( she) who cooks should not have to do the dishes.

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
Well done Brown Boy.
sounds like a great meal. And I agree, He ( she) who cooks should not have to do the dishes.

Hear hear. Congratulations Brown Boy. bravo! bravo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo!

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on being able to stand back and watch a 10 year old with a sharp knife. My 13 year old occasionaly gets it into his head to cook dinner for us and I find it extremely difficult to watch him chop and slice even though I've taught him how to do it safely and he's done it dozens of times. It's worse that making a fire.
CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
My 13 year old occasionaly gets it into his head to cook dinner for us and I find it extremely difficult to watch him chop and slice even though I've taught him how to do it safely and he's done it dozens of times.

My 13 year old didn't do much cooking. But now he's 23 and bawls me out (gently) for my dangerous knife-work. la la la

Last edited by CAM on Mon 23 May, 2005 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Congratulations on being able to stand back and watch a 10 year old with a sharp knife.

Ah, but I didn't watch him. I just showed him what to do and then went away to sit on my hands.
whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! la la la skip

MAM
registered

PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Spaghetti Frittata with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Mozzarell Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
My 10 year old son decided that he wanted to make dinner tonight : spaghetti frittata with onions, zucchini and tomatoes. . ........... He won't let me stay in the kitchen because he said that I'll take over.

whoohoo! Good for you Brown boy! Yumm Exclamation

And good for you too Mrs. B. for letting B.B. use the sharp knife even though you had qualms about how he was cutting. We're glad that it was only a small cut that he did to himself and that the spaghetti turned out so well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: