discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you?
Go to page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

Yes, I'm afraid I did. The number 28 looked so inviting, I just had to click on it.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about (and maybe it has to be between Nov 27 and Dec 25 2005), look near the top right of this page.

hohoho at last! hohoho * hohoho at last! hohoho * hohoho at last! hohoho * hohoho at last! hohoho * hohoho at last! hohoho *

Hurrah!

Update: I clicked on a few more days, and now I have to click on all the days. "Three words" ... heee hee.

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

oh oh oh! I am excited that llizard has done her advent calendar again. I confess I did peak ahead.... hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho

* * *! * * * *! * * * *! * *

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

blm wrote:
"Three words" ... heee hee.

whoo hoo! I don't know why, but I was particularly please with myself for thinking of that.

CAM wrote:
oh oh oh! I am excited that llizard has done her advent calendar again.

I'm so glad to hear that.... I almost didn't do it this year. It took so much time to draw an image a day last December that I knew I HAD to do this year's calendar in advance. I imagined that I was going to do it this summer.

But as CAM, in the thread entitled 'Another pointless waste of time' wrote, I am
Quote:

Designed for Procrastination.

So when November rolled around and I hadn't even begun, I have to say that I was most annoyed to see that Advent started so early this year. Initially, I was going to cheat and only do from the beginning of December. But miraculously, I finished a little earlier than I anticipated so could add images for November as well.

And of course, I have now spent far too much time investigating how to stop people from peeking ahead....

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
And of course, I have now spent far too much time investigating how to stop people from peeking ahead....

This made me try a new way of peeking ahead - ooh, I like the "Nice Try" screen!

la la la

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's particularly inviting to click on Dec 6 and 24 as they are lit up looking like they're ready and waiting for me to click on them. But alas, all I get is 3 words or the dream song. It puts me in mind of Donny Osmond. * * * * * * * * * * hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho

I'm a little surprised by the locations of the registered users. Some of them seem so ... pedestrian. stomp stomp stomp

edited 3 minutes later: Oh great, now I have an audio virus and singing O Canada DIDN'T get rid of it. Now what????

CAM
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

blm wrote:
llizard wrote:

This made me try a new way of peeking ahead - ooh, I like the "Nice Try" screen!

la la la

Oh yes, I do love the "nice try" screen. But oh my my my, Llizard, I do think you are spending far too much time stopping us from peaking. Do you have it all automated, or do you have to put the new one up each day?

I'm delighted that you use EST. I don't have to dream dream dream as long as those in different time zones. hohohohohoho!

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Tue 29 Nov, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

CAM wrote:
Do you have it all automated, or do you have to put the new one up each day?

That would be telling... la la la

hohoho

blm wrote:

Eeeeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeeee I wondered at the time if it were necessary and am happy to see that it was hohoho skip hohoho

Sorry about the audio virus, MrsBrown. Perhaps these will help:

http://llizard.etherwork.net/Advent2004/dec7_04.html
http://llizard.etherwork.net/Advent2004/dec15_04.html
http://llizard.etherwork.net/Advent2004/dec21_04.html

hohoho skip hohoho * *! * * hohoho skip hohoho

CAM
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Tue 13 Dec, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho
I have been wondering why the alphabet signs "W is for wreath" etc, are so difficult to read.... it didn't seem like llizard to make an error like this. I was pondering this when suddently my cursor went over the "W is for wreath," and I discovered a totally new way to procrastinate! Try it! Lovely, llizard. This will delight children of all ages.

CM
hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho

Last edited by CAM on Tue 13 Dec, 2005 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Tue 13 Dec, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

CAM wrote:
I have been wondering why the alphabet signs "W is for wreath" etc, are so difficult to read.... it didn't seem like llizard to make an error like this. I was pondering this when suddently my cursor went over the "W is for wreath," and I discovered a totally new way to procrastinate! Try it! Lovely, llizard. This will delight children of all ages.

CM

"Wreath"! Of course! I tried willow, wizard, wassail, wand, and a whole bunch of other words I can't remember.

hohoho hohoho whoohoo! whoohoo! hohoho hohoho

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

blm wrote:

"Wreath"! Of course! I tried willow, wizard, wassail, wand, and a whole bunch of other words I can't remember.

hohoho hohoho whoohoo! whoohoo! hohoho hohoho

Wasn't it obvious from the picture that it was a wreath???

CAM
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Tue 13 Dec, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

some Christmas audio viruses available here: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/55/story_5574_1.html#trad

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Tue 13 Dec, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

llizard wrote:

Wasn't it obvious from the picture that it was a wreath???

Yes, but I was trying to guess what it would be before I saw it. After I successfully guessed "oranges" the day before it was the oranges day, I have been trying to guess some of the other ones too. As CAM says, a totally new way to procrastinate! Whee and double whee!

whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! la la la

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you? Reply with quote

blm wrote:
As CAM says, a totally new way to procrastinate! Whee and double whee!

whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! la la la

And here I thought that I was the Queen of procrastination by making the thing in the first place. I stand back and bow in awe at both of you.

hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho la la la hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho hohoho

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Let it snow! Reply with quote

Oooh! I like the snow on the Advent calendar.

I had to look up Reblechon on the List for Santa. I've never heard of that cheese before. Google asked me if I meant "reblochon". Did I?
Edit: Yes, it seems that "reblochon" and "reblechon" are the same cheese.

I'm not usually fond of creamy things, but the TARTIFLETTE recipe on this page sounds kind of good! http://www.plagne.com/recettes-savoyardes_e.htm

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * la la la * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *! *! *! *! *! *! *! * * * * * * * * * * whoohoo! * * * * *! *! *! *!

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: I just noticed ... Reply with quote

I just looked back at the beginning of the Advent Calendar, thinking that the first few days weren't related to the December decoration days. But I see that they are an introduction to the December days. Ahh, that's very satisfying. bravo!

at last!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: