discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

editing your profile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » about etherwork forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Nov, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: editing your profile Reply with quote

MrsBrown, in 'You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you?' wrote:

I'm a little surprised by the locations of the registered users. Some of them seem so ... pedestrian. stomp stomp stomp

'You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you?' thread

Sigh... I guess I have to stare at the forum coding to figure out how to add "occupation" to the memberlist table.... stomp

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Tue 29 Nov, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't want to put in my occupation. I LIKE having Spice Cake--you're soaking in it as my location.

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Tue 29 Nov, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
But I don't want to put in my occupation. I LIKE having Spice Cake--you're soaking in it as my location.

It never occurred to me that people would want to put in their occupations. Interestingly, some have.

It turns out that I'm not the first person who has wanted to add occupation to the memberlist table. There is a handy thread about it in the phpbb forum.

I think I'm going to change "occupation" to "slogan" and remove any of the occupations that were there. ooooooh, no wait. I'll sloganize them. whoo hoo!

edit: and now it's done!! Tough luck if you wanted your location to have a slogan in it, MrsBrown....

I went to the thread entitled Another pointless waste of time that David so kindly started. This is what appeared when I went to the link he provided:
And All Because The Lady Loves David
la la la

second edit:
It was very tempting to add slogans for everyone... especially after seeing Bramble's post in the pointless waste of time thread.

Sometimes You Feel Like a Bramble, Sometimes You Don't.

And even though this wasn't one of the slogans, I really wanted to use the following that appeared at the bottom of one of CAM's posts in the waste of time thread for CAM's slogan.
Gotta get to work. But first a snack.

Actually, what I really want is to use it for my own slogan!
whoo hoo!

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Tue 29 Nov, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
MrsBrown wrote:

edit: and now it's done!! Tough luck if you wanted your location to have a slogan in it, MrsBrown....

But I can't see my slogan. I LIKE seeing my slogan. I feel like I'm being the slightest bit naughty and I'm going to change my location again. stomp stomp stomp stomp Oh oh

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
But I can't see my slogan. I LIKE seeing my slogan.

I don't understand how it is that you can't see your slogan, MrsBrown. You are choosing at the memberlist link at the top of the page? (You have to be logged on to see that link.) If you don't see the slogan, please reload/refresh the page.

And if you'd like to see your slogan often, you could always add it as your signature and choose yes on 'Always attach my signature'.

I've undone your naughtiness. la la la

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see it if I look at the Memberlist. On the posts, I can see when people joined, the number of posts they've made and their location. I can't see the occupation without clicking on another link. Can you make it so the slogans are seen on the posts as well?

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la stomp

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
I can see it if I look at the Memberlist. On the posts, I can see when people joined, the number of posts they've made and their location. I can't see the occupation without clicking on another link. Can you make it so the slogans are seen on the posts as well?

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la stomp

Aha!!! Idea Now I understand what you're on about.

I didn't even NOTICE that part of the posts. I'll look into adding the slogan. Oh oh

edit: Done... whoo hoo!

(Luckily for me, someone else wanted to do exactly the same thing and asked in the
phpbb forum

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » about etherwork forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: