discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

New York and Boston

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » bravenet archive - some earlier posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravenet_archive
Administrator

Slogan:

forum administrator (aka llizard)

PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: New York and Boston Reply with quote

Subject: New York and Boston
originally posted by CAM on Jun 18, 04 - 11:43 PM

Anyone with excellent restaurant suggestions for New York or Boston? I will be working for a few days in Montreal starting Monday, but on Friday we will be free as birds and plan to take a train down to New York for a few days, then to Boston for a few days. Neither of us have been to those cities before...

bravenet_archive
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New York Reply with quote

Subject: Re: New York
originally posted by llizard on Jun 19, 04 - 7:48 AM

It has been a while since I've been to NewYork City. There was a fantastic bistro that I went to (around 70th???) I'll search through my mixed-up files to see if I can find the name of it. Of course, it may no longer be there and/or changed hands by now.

However, whenever I go to NewYork, I like to wander through the Frick Gallery. It is the perfect size for an art gallery - not overwhelming. The gallery is in the house where Frick lived. There are four wonderful Whistler portraits in the oval room. Here is a photo of one of them: Symphony in Flesh Color and Pink: Portrait of Mrs. Frances Leyland

Floorplan of Frick Gallery

Last edited by bravenet_archive on Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
bravenet_archive
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New York and Boston - visit chowhound Reply with quote

Subject: Re: New York and Boston - visit chowhound
originally posted by blm on Jun 19, 04 - 6:11 PM
Related Website: http://www.chowhound.com/newengland/boards/boston/boston.html

We just recently discovered chowhound. It's a message board where people discuss restaurants. Both locals talking about new discoveries and prospective visitors asking for recommendations. You can search it using Google by adding

chowhound boston

or

chowhound new york

to your query. You can also find things just by using Find (CTRL-F) on the board's main page.
Chowhound's Boston Area Message Board, and Chowhound's New York Region.

There's one for all of Canada (Chowhound's Canada Message Board ), and one for Toronto (Chowhound's Toronto Message Board).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » bravenet archive - some earlier posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: