discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

YouTube gotta see

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: YouTube gotta see Reply with quote

I thought the Birmingham Complaints Choir was pretty good.
Have a listen http://www.youtube.com/

edit: adding link to the Birmingham Complaints Choir on youtube.com

-llizard

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: YouTube gotta see Reply with quote

MEF wrote:

It is pretty good. But I'd like to lodge a complaint:

1. The song is too long.
2. (Hey!! That's more than one complaint) I found the subtitles unnecessary at the beginning but wished they had PUT subtitles for the rapper guy - I couldn't understand him at all. (except that he was complaining)

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with llizard--the song is too long but I still found it funny. I have to agree with the song--the beer is too much in town. I'd like to participate in a Complaints Song on the West Coast. I would like to complain about bad drivers particularly in the snow. oh boy! oh boy! oh boy! skip whoo hoo!

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
I'd like to participate in a Complaints Song on the West Coast. I would like to complain about bad drivers particularly in the snow.

If I didn't know that the song would take WAY too long to sing, I'd like to participate in the Complaints Song for Toronto. The verses about bad drivers particularly in the snow, rain, sunshine, day, night... would take at least 10 minutes. la la la

But I might need to join anyway. I would like to complain about local fruits and vegetables being picked when green so that by the time they get to our tables, they look good but are entirely tastefree. stomp

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: YouTube gotta see Reply with quote

MEF wrote:

The Helsinki Complaints Choir is good too; much more polished (not sure if that's a good thing or not).

http://www.ykon.org/kochta-kalleinen/complaintschoir_video_hel.html

I Want To Complain about people who try to get onto the subway train before everyone has gotten off. Even when they wait, they crowd the door only leaving a half-person-wide gap so it takes five times as long to get off, and then they start moving into the train when there's still one or two people left to get off. I understand why they do it - it's not to get where they're going faster, it's to get into the train and onto a seat faster than the people at the other doors. la la la

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Thu 30 Nov, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to complain about those rail-travellers who, I assume, bathe in urine before boarding a crowded train.
CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Thu 30 Nov, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: YouTube gotta see Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
MEF wrote:

It is pretty good. But I'd like to lodge a complaint:

1. The song is too long.
2. (Hey!! That's more than one complaint) I found the subtitles unnecessary at the beginning but wished they had PUT subtitles for the rapper guy - I couldn't understand him at all. (except that he was complaining)

My main complaint is that the Birmingham Complaints choir wasn't online when I looked. Got a message saying "scheduled downtime" for a couple of days in a row. However, I did find a site at http://www.complaintschoir.org/ where you can link to some complaints choirs including Helsinki.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: