discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

new dish

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jun, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: new dish Reply with quote

CAM, they tasted great; friends were shocked that I turned the stove on and used a pan for cooking (this wasn't usually allowed for us 7 year olds).

edit:
This is in response to a question posed in the thread entitled
cottage pie -ejm

to post entitled 'First cooking experience', CAM wrote:
MEF wrote:
At about age 7 I began to experiment with food on the stove. My first success was placing boiled spuds (sliced) in a hot pan with catsup. I had never heard of the word "caramelization" at that point, but, that's what happened to the spuds. I went on to show this trick to several (shocked) friends.

How did they taste? Was that what shocked your friends?

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: new dish Reply with quote

MEF wrote:
friends were shocked that I turned the stove on and used a pan for cooking (this wasn't usually allowed for us 7 year olds).

What a radical! I am guessing that this was rather a clandestine activity for you, too? Did your parents find out?

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jun, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Explain Reply with quote

Perhaps I should explain more clearly. My parents had no objections to my cooking at an early age. My mother encouraged me by making me my own cook's hat and apron. The schock only came when I cooked at friends' kitchens. They were worried to death that their moms would "find out". All went fairly well for me EXCEPT for the near-death-experience of opening a pressure cooker at full pressure!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: