discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Personal Challenge

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Personal Challenge Reply with quote

In a personal missive, CAM noted that my aim to equal her posting record was seriously lagging. I am 15 postings behind and not showing any home stretch type of vigor; I will not take this challenge lying down!

So, I'd like to report the proceedings of an inane political debate now taking place here in Canada. The opposition party (Liberals) have proposed a plan to tax carbon usage; the government (committed to a 20 % reduction in greenhouse gas production by 2020!) has countered by saying that the top 30% income earners will eventually have to pay more for carbon fuels; shocking! I swear that this is not a quote from "Alice in Wonderland"!

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! I love those "holier than thou" political debates. It's so funny to see them trying to out green each other. With politicians I always find it safer to pay attention to what they do rather than what they say.

What's this about the postings race? Nobody told me. I suppose it's better that I've fallen behind so early as that gives me longer to catch up.

Current totals:
Code:

llizard/ejm       *********************************************************************
CAM/Lawless...    *******************************************
MEF               ****************************************
blm               *******************************
MrsBrown          **************************
David             ************************
DataRyder         ********
Bramble           ****
Guy               ***
Goldilocks        ** 
MicheleCerulli    *

* = 10 posts

--------------------
edit: Oh oh As forum administrator autocrat, stomp I have amalgamated two of David's posts. It's my feeling that the chart was a ploy to falsely up his number of posts in this competition (if there really IS a competition). -ejm

2nd edit: David, when you put this chart together, did you take into account the actual post authors from the archived posts that are in the bravenet and starblvd sections? -ejm
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that I'm quite annoyed to be forced to pull my head out of the sand once again... it's not even election time! la la la

If Dion's proposal does go through (as if it would) does anyone really imagine that a personal tax rate reduction for lower and middle income earners would make any difference to them at all? The cost of everything would go up, with the excuse that the higher prices for transport, fuel, grim reality, etc. etc. have to be offset.

CTV.ca wrote:
Liberal Leader Stephane Dion says his controversial carbon tax proposal isn't about his personal political future, but about Canada's ecological future.
( full story here)

Hmmm. I'm starting to think that Dion may not really have a personal political future.

------------------
In re upping number of posts: Errrmmmmm, focus on 'content' over 'number of posts', please...

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Content, please! Reply with quote

I apologize for suggesting that there was a "posting numbers race".In mitigation, I can only offer the fact that I was goaded by the "free with her words" CAM.

With regards to the proposed carbon tax by the Liberal party here in Canada, I can only say that without any tangible costs for this being imposed, reckless use of limited resources will simply continue at the current level.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: