discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Noodles - the best lunch?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Fri 15 Aug, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Noodles - the best lunch? Reply with quote

Back in the late 90's I would sometimes drive my wife to work and find myself looking for lunch before I drove home. There was a large plaza close by with many types of food outlets (burgers, pizza, sushi, etc.) I chose one called Noodle Delight. It featured at least 30 noodle dishes to choose from. Over time, sampled most of them. They had an open kitchen so you could watch dishes being prepared. It was incredible how quickly it was done. It wasn't long before I figured out "Hey, I can do this!". It's now my favourite lunch approach. My lunch today was typical - I tossed flat wheat noodles into boiling water and set the timer for 7 min. In another hot pan with some oil, I tossed chopped onion, garlic, and fresh tomato. I also put in some cooked turkey pieces. Then I tossed in a mixture of Vietnamese Sour Fish Paste, soy sauce and water. At the end of the 7 min. I combined the noodles with my sauce and had a delicious lunch. The variations on this approach are endless. I'm really glad to have discovered noodles!

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Sat 16 Aug, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to come to your house for lunch!!

The sauces that I've had at noodle houses have always been quite thin and lots of it so it was more like noodle soup--sort of like the (horrible) ready-made ramen noodle bowls that are reconstituted with a boiling water. Was your sauce thin, and lots of it? or was it more like pasta sauce?

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Sun 17 Aug, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: sauce Reply with quote

I thickened the sauce with a sprinkling of rice flour; it was still a spoon&fork dish.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: