discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Laptops - I'm WAY behind

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Laptops - I'm WAY behind Reply with quote

A few days ago I dropped into my local computer shop for a new fan. As I was leaving, I noticed a bunch of laptops for sale. They seemed incredibly inexpensive. I wanted to know more about them. After some consultation, I bought http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-compaq-nc6230/4505-3121_7-31297917.html for about $350 CAD. I did know that laptops are small, have no wires, etc. , but, I didn't know that you can connect to the internet with the click of a button! It's amazing; there is, here, the choice of about 20 or so networks you can simply connect to - free! Am I the last to discover all this?

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jan, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these free public access wireless networks or unsecured private networks? (Nice laptop by the way.)
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Sat 31 Jan, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Being new.. Reply with quote

We have the choice of both here in Toronto. With a laptop without any data, I simply logged on to the first network the card found. It is an unsecured private network. I've got some learnin' to do before I make greater use of the laptop. Still, even at this level, it's pretty cool.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: