discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Sat 21 Mar, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands Reply with quote

I am a big fan of the The Really Big Button

on pixelscapes.com' Really Big Button page, Stefan Gagne wrote:
[...] the most unusual artifact to be discovered on the Superhighway de la Informatique: the really big button that doesn't do anything. Developed in early '94, labelled as the Mystery Spot of the Internet, thousands flock to this button every day, pushing it, attempting to get it to do something; all in vain.

But I'm not a big fan of the actual button. It's just not really big, don't you think? So, I made a bigger button:

http://etherwork.net/scribbles/push.html

It doesn't do anything either. Well, almost nothing....

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sun 22 Mar, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands Reply with quote

ejm wrote:

But I'm not a big fan of the actual button. It's just not really big, don't you think? So, I made a bigger button:

http://etherwork.net/scribbles/push.html

It doesn't do anything either. Well, almost nothing....

Ooh, I like the almost nothing that it does. But shouldn't yours be even bigger? You've left room for someone else to make an even bigger one.

When I clicked the one that's posted on your Facebook page, it switched to a different picture and I thought "that's not almost nothing".

la la la

ejm
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Sun 22 Mar, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands Reply with quote

Barbara wrote:
When I clicked the one that's posted on your Facebook page, it switched to a different picture and I thought "that's not almost nothing".

la la la

It switched to a different picture?? What kind of different picture? (I'm beginning to HATE facebook.)

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Sun 22 Mar, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands Reply with quote

ejm wrote:
Barbara wrote:

la la la

It switched to a different picture?? What kind of different picture? (I'm beginning to HATE facebook.)

The drawing of the person leaning into the wind.

I think I get it. When you click on the button in Facebook, it's just the thumbnail thing and it takes you to your photos. Clicking on each picture seems to advance to the next one. And since there's only two, they go back and forth.

ejm
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Mon 23 Mar, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands Reply with quote

Barbara wrote:

The drawing of the person leaning into the wind.

I think I get it. When you click on the button in Facebook, it's just the thumbnail thing and it takes you to your photos. Clicking on each picture seems to advance to the next one. And since there's only two, they go back and forth.

Rrrrr... now I DO hate facebook. I had no idea that would happen!

Thanks for telling me. I've fixed it now (I think) by moving the windy day drawing into a separate folder.

ejm
registered

Slogan:

PostPosted: Mon 23 Mar, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands Reply with quote

Barbara wrote:

Ooh, I like the almost nothing that it does.

Thank you. I was rather proud of myself, even though it meant that the button doesn't actually do nothing at all any more.

Barbara wrote:
But shouldn't yours be even bigger? You've left room for someone else to make an even bigger one.

That seems completely okay. Especially as I was smart enough to not claim that my button was the biggest button. And as long as they make their OWN "do nothing" button that's even bigger. I would hate it if they just downloaded my button and enlarged it. That would be a big wrong.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: