discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Tofu Burgers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Thu 23 Apr, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Tofu Burgers Reply with quote

Yes, I know there will be some who turn up their noses at this but we LIKE tofu. I had a block of tofu that needed to be used and I was tired of making Tofu Fajitas. I wondered if I could make burgers out of the tofu and found this. I only used 1 package of tofu and made 6 large patties. I also added some hot sauce. They were excellent. oh boy! oh boy! oh boy! oh boy!

ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Fri 24 Apr, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Tofu Burgers Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
Yes, I know there will be some who turn up their noses at this but we LIKE tofu.

I must confess that I am not a big fan of tofu but the cooks.com tofu beach burger recipe DOES look tempting. If I didn't think that our vegetarian burger made with beans wasn't the most stellar burger, I'd be even more tempted. But thank you for the link, MrsBrown. I like that the carrots are grated. So many vegetarian burgers have big lumps of vegetables in them - making them just a little too "healthful" for my taste. There's no fun in eating things that are good for you unless they don't taste like they're good for you.

(I hope you baked your hamburger buns in the barbecue!

hamburger buns recipe - scroll down to "#10 baking: If you are using the barbecue" on the linked page for instructions)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: