discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

I can't stand change

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Thu 25 Feb, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: I can't stand change Reply with quote

I recently upgraded AVG and made the mistake of installing the stupid Yahoo Toolbar. So I uninstalled AVG and reinstalled it without the Yahoo Toolbar addition. Immediately afterwards, the location bar on firefox suddenly stopped working. I would begin to type a URL, expecting it to auto-complete. No dice. Typing in a whole URL and pressing "enter" caused nothing at all to happen.

Thank goodness for google:

a user on bugs.launchpad.net wrote:

1. remove your not-so-well-working addressbar via "view > toolbars > customize", just drag it away.
2. replace it with a proper new one by drag+dropping it from your enabled navigationbar to the same old place.

-excerpt from bugs.launchpad.net/firefox: address bar suddenly not responding to <enter> or the green arrow

This solution does work. BUT I have to do this EVERY time I restart firefox. How annoying is that? stomp stomp

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea if this would work but you could try uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling it (after backing up your bookmarks first). I think the latest version is 3.6.

I abandoned AVG late last year in favour of the Microsoft Essentials (free) for protection against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It has been performing well for 3 months.
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I have no idea if this would work but you could try uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling it (after backing up your bookmarks first). I think the latest version is 3.6.

Brrr. That's just asking for trouble. I think it's easier to recustomize my current version of the firefox 3.0 series (3.0.18)

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind the clock back a couple of days with a System Restore?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: