discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Could you abandon Facebook?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Could you abandon Facebook?
No.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Probably not.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Maybe.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Probably.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Tue 03 Apr, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Could you abandon Facebook? Reply with quote

Personally I doubt I can completely abandon Facebook. I'm at a point now where I visit Facebook only 2 or 3 times a week for about 5 minutes each time. I did quit altogether for many months but was persuaded to go back some people on my contact list. I now realise that these people just want to read my posts and look at my uploaded pictures and have no interest in communicating with me. I don't think I'll bother posting much to Facebook any more although I'll keep my account and check it weekly. My biggest regret in using Facebook is that I've lost touch with almost everyone who used to post here. If I start posting here again, maybe...? Either way, I'm going to try to get myself to post to my blog regularly again (although I know I've failed before).
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Sun 22 Apr, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. I just came in here to basically shut down the forum because people haven't been here for eons. I was going to make the whole thing "read only". I will leave the forum intact.

I too miss the discussions we had. The advantage of this forum (over FB) is that discussion threads don't disappear almost instantly as they do on FB.

Nor does this forum pick and choose to decide for you which threads you want to see. That's the thing I really dislike about FB. It's very possible that FB has erroneously decided for me that I don't want to see your FB posts, David. I know I've missed several of my other friends' posts because of FB's really rotten decision-making. stomp

Now excuse me, while I go to your blog to see what has been posted since 2 April.

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Thu 31 May, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejm wrote:
Ha. I just came in here to basically shut down the forum ....

I don't visit here much.... but I have enjoyed it immensely. Facebook I also like. Mostly it's like a mini-blog where people can respond, but occasionally it's terrific. I CLAIM to use FB as a public education tool. I post news stories there, but I don't spend a lot of time prowling around reading things. At least I don't think so. I like twitter for immediate, breaking news on issues I'm following. But I guess the topic wasn't twitter.

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Thu 31 May, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Facebook, despite its flaws. There are some people I've reconnected with through Facebook that I had completely lost touch with. There are other people that I know more about now because of Facebook, that have become real friends rather than just acquaintances.

I liked this forum too. The threads were longer than FB threads can ever be.

la la la

I wish FB had a yoyo pig.

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I permanently deleted my Facebook account. I will decide over the next couple of weeks whether to delete my Twitter account also. If this doesn't make me give my blog more attention I suppose it will go too.
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw your announcement about this on your blog today, David.

Hmmm, should I delete my Facebook account too? ...it's tempting; it's tempting. I've noticed that Facebook has definitely reduced the number of comments on my blog (of course, it might also be that people just weren't interested in visiting my blog anymore) and FB certainly destroyed this forum.

I came VERY close to deleting this forum entirely a few weeks ago but then decided to simply lock everything and leave it as archive.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: