discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Is anyone posting things?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » about etherwork forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Oct, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Is anyone posting things? Reply with quote

Lawless in Lotusland wrote:
Is anyone posting new topics? Should we post to the "test forum" or do we post to "anything and everything"?

There are no rules to sign up. Anyone can post. However, it is advisable to register. Registered posters can edit their own posts. Unregistered posters cannot.

edit: Now everyone must register in order to post.

Please post in the "anything and everything" area. 2nd and 3rd edits: The "test forum" was removed after it seemed that things were working okay. The "about etherwork forum" can be used to ask for new forum features. (You can always ask... la la la )

Last edited by llizard (aka ejm) on Wed 14 Sep, 2005 9:01 am; edited 3 times in total
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Mon 25 Oct, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Is anyone posting things? Reply with quote

blm wrote:
I was wondering how to tell if there was anything new, but I now have a way that works ok for me. I look at the dates, to see which ... um ... what are they called? ... um ... subjects Question have something new, and then within the subject, the new stuff is always at the bottom.

After I've logged on, I hit the link that says "view posts since last visit" that is just underneath the "forum index" button on the main index page. Any new posts show up with yellow coloured images beside them - sorry blm, I'm afraid that the yellow might be offensive to you and perhaps you averted your eyes from the yellowness. At some point down the line, I might change the new post image colour.

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

PostPosted: Tue 26 Oct, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Is anyone posting things? Reply with quote

CAM wrote:
A few questions. [...] Where are the hello emoticons Question I haven't seen any on this site.

A few answers:

1. "Sticky" automatically puts the post to the top of the list and keeps it there (stuck...)
  2. I too really dislike yellow smilies. I find the colour quite offensive. I dislike yellow smilies almost as much as I dislike winkies of all colours.
  3. I don't know what a "hello emoticon" is. The smilies that I removed from use were anything resembling that inane happy face that has been so widely abused. If that is what a "hello emoticon" is, then that would explain why there are none available.
  4. I was considering disabling smilies entirely. But then I couldn't stop myself from allowing the stomping cat. I thought that there might be too much protest if only the stomping cat were available so I left a few others in.
  5. If there are smileys that anyone really wants to see, post a URL to the image or page with the image on it and I'll present it to my board of directors. If the board approves the smilie, I might be swayed into placing it on the forum. stomp

Please note that if I think a "sticky" post shouldn't really be sticky, I'll remove the sticky label.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » about etherwork forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: