discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

The internet is an amazing place

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Sun 24 Oct, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: The internet is an amazing place Reply with quote

skip skip skip skip skip Well, aren't we clever.

This morning the dryer started making a terrible sound. The BrownBoy turned it off and came to get me. I turned it on and then turned it off in that way that helpless technophobes do when they don't know what to do and then I called MrBrown. He turned it on and off in that same way. All 3 of us looked at it. The dog sniffed it to see if there was any food. I said, throwing up my arms in despair, "but I have all the laundry to do and we'll need some of it before it can dry on the line and there's too much to dry on the line!!! I know, I'll wash it here and take it to a laundromat." MrBrown started looking in the newspaper to find a repair person. In the dim recesses of my mind, I remembered that I had read or heard somewhere that dryer technology had not changed much and it probably wouldn't be too difficult so I googled "diy dryer repair" and this amazing site popped up.

http://www.diynet.com/diy/ha_maint_repair/article/0,2037,DIY_13869_2268643,00.html

The dryer is now happily drying our clothes, we've saved millions of dollars on repair bills AND we feel ever so smug that we repaired our dryer.
bravo!

stomp stomp stomp stomp

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: amazing Reply with quote

I am amazed that you did it yourself Idea even with that excellent diy site to help you. Exclamation

bravo! bravo! bravo! bravo! bravo! bravo!

skip stomp

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Mon 25 Oct, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: We still feel quite smug Reply with quote

We didn't actually have to change the belt. When MrBrown looked underneath the drum, he discovered that the belt was off the pulley and that was what was causing the problem. We were glad that we didn't have to put a new belt on because that looked like it might be hard. We still felt smug for having solved this problem without the help of professional repairers. We did toy with calling the neighbour who knows everything but then remembered that he was out of town.

Arrow stomp skip stomp

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 26 Oct, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: We still feel quite smug Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
We did toy with calling the neighbour who knows everything but then remembered that he was out of town.

I bet you can't wait til the know-all neighbour gets back so that you can brag that you didn't need his expertise after all.

I can't tell you how impressed I am that

1. you knew what key words to put into google (I would never have remembered about "diy")
  2. the fixes on the page applied to the problem you were having
  3. the fix was actually easy to do

bravo! bravo! bravo! bravo! bravo! skip bravo!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: