Only In The Movies

posts from 13 October 2004 to 14 March 2011
Mats
registered

Only In The Movies

Post by Mats »

Several years ago I thought that the many VHS tapes I had made over the years were important keepsakes. Since this was a bulky collection, I thought it would be cool to transfer them all to DVD. I bought a machine that would do this. Then I realized that I was never going to watch 10 years of F1 races or TV concerts (now on YouTube) again. Still, until today I could not bear to simply chuck the whole system.
Today, whilst finally getting a grip on this dilemma, I packed up the whole shebang and was on my way to put it out on the street (where it is grabbed within hours)when I asked a fellow in the elevator if he wanted to convert his VHS tapes to DVDs. He said "YES!". It turned out that this man teaches ballroom dancing in his home and was looking for a way to give his students copies of his instructional tapes - what better (and cheap) way than handing out DVDs - amazing or what?!
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Lawless in Lotusland
registered

Re: Only In The Movies

Post by Lawless in Lotusland »

MEF wrote:I bought a machine that would do this. ...I asked a fellow in the elevator if he wanted to convert his VHS tapes to DVDs. He said "YES!" - amazing or what?!
What a great story. Serendipity at work.
“Laughter springs from the lawless part of our nature” -- Agnes Repplier

David
registered

Post by David »

I should get myself one of those machines. I have boxes full of VHS tapes that I can't quite bring myself to get rid of. I've copied a few by connecting an old video player to a computer with a dvd writer but the video player has since died. Maybe I should buy a secondhand VHS->DVD copier one and sell it when I'm done.