Advent Calendar

posts from 13 October 2004 to 14 March 2011
CAM
registered

Advent Calendar

Post by CAM »

The Advent Calendar is lovely this year. http://etherwork.net/illustrations/Advent2008.php

Thanks for doing it again!
<i>Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody.</i> --Samuel Pepys

Mats
registered

Standing Ovation

Post by Mats »

Thank you ejm for continuing this tradition. When I was young, I always had an advent calendar taped to my window; it was tough not to peek ahead. I never got the religious significance of what I was seeing but I sure knew that it was a countdown to Christmas !!!!!!
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

ejm
registered

Post by ejm »

I have to say that I was this " close to not doing a new calendar this year and then madness overtook and I went ahead. Glad to hear you like it and really glad that my attempts to stop people from looking ahead aren't wasted effort.

(Hope there aren't many mistakes. This was put together in record time! I started it in the last week of November. :jump: :hohoho: :jump:)
So... have YOU backed up your files lately? And defragged too!?

CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

ejm wrote:really glad that my attempts to stop people from looking ahead aren't wasted effort.
This year's calendar has lots of interesting images as well as the puzzle! I always peak ahead. I started peaking well before Advent, just in case I might see something I shouldn't be seeing! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
<i>Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody.</i> --Samuel Pepys

MrsBrown
registered

Post by MrsBrown »

I like the distressed look on Santa's face when I try to peek ahead. I sometimes try to figure out the letters in the puzzle but you've made it very tricky this year.

ejm
registered

Post by ejm »

CAM wrote:I always peak ahead. I started peaking well before Advent
I WONDERED if there was anyone that devious. (Reeling back the tape to see if I somehow managed to show something that shouldn't have been shown....)
MrsBrown wrote:I like the distressed look on Santa's face when I try to peek ahead.
This reminds me of the line from a song that was sung in a recent Christmas concert: "I've been as good as I can be."

CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

ejm wrote:
CAM wrote:I always peak ahead. I started peaking well before Advent
I WONDERED if there was anyone that devious. (Reeling back the tape to see if I somehow managed to show something that shouldn't have been shown....)
Alas, I didn't find anything. AND if I had found something (which, I repeat, I didn't) I would not confess. :hohoho: :lalala:

MrsBrown
registered

Post by MrsBrown »

Heh heh heh, I'm just THINKING about peeking ahead. I wonder what will happen to me? :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

David
registered

Post by David »

The Thought Police?

ejm
registered

Post by ejm »

David wrote:The Thought Police?
Good one, David!

(Am I mistaken or do I hear imaginary sirens?)

CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

MrsBrown wrote:...the letters in the puzzle ... very tricky this year.
I can't seem to get the December 11 clue. All the other clues so far have been Very Obvious.

MrsBrown
registered

Post by MrsBrown »

CAM wrote:I can't seem to get the December 11 clue. All the other clues so far have been Very Obvious.
I've been having trouble with that one too. I've tried a single letter, the whole word, the whole word twice. I'll try misspelling it and let you know.

Nope, I misspelled it many ways but to no avail. :hohoho:

Maybe this is what happens to those of us who even think of peeking ahead. heavy sigh

ejm
registered

Post by ejm »

CAM wrote:I can't seem to get the December 11 clue.
MrsBrown wrote:I've been having trouble with that one too.
Oops!!! I forgot that I had changed the theme of the December 11 image. The puzzle answer was incorrect. :lalala: I've fixed it now. I hope there aren't any more errors...

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :stomp: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Please try one of your words again. It should work now.

CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

ejm wrote:December 11 ...Please try one of your words again. It should work now.
Yes! It works! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :yippee:

MrsBrown
registered

Post by MrsBrown »

Yes, indeed, it works!

and I'm still thinking about peeking ahead!!