changing your user name

for registered members' test posting and requests for new features in these forums
Locked

Do you wish that you had a different user name?

No, I love my user name.
5
71%
Yes, I misspelled my user name when I registered.
2
29%
 
Total votes: 7

ejm
registered
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:53 pm

changing your user name

Post by ejm »

In the thread entitled Facebook - any good??
blm wrote:I wish I had signed up to this forum as "Barbara" instead of as "blm" - I wished that almost from the beginning.
As administrator, I have the ability to change your user name. Your login password will remain the same.


edit: (Please be sure of the change you want and refrain from requesting a name change every so often. Because one change per person is plenty, don't you think?)
Last edited by ejm on Tue 13 Jan, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrsBrown
registered
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:02 pm

Post by MrsBrown »

Every so often, I wish my user name was prm but I'm very happy to be MrsBrown--it's so anonymous. According to some website that I can't link because I'm too lazy to look it up, Brown is the 5th most common name in the country.

ejm
registered
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:53 pm

Post by ejm »

I think "MrsBrown" is an excellent name. I wouldn't want to change either.
MrsBrown wrote:According to some website that I can't link because I'm too lazy to look it up, Brown is the 5th most common name in the country.
I am lazy as well but, on the other hand, am also curious. I googled and came across the following at http://wiki.name.com/en/Brown
wiki name.com wrote:In England and Wales [Brown] was judged to be the third most common surname in a survey of residents.

In the U.S., the last name Brown is the fifth most common surname according to the 1990 census.

As a baby given name, Brown doesn't make it onto any lists of popular names, so it remains a unique baby name.
I don't think I've ever run across anyone whose first name is "Brown". The only colour first names I can think of are "Rose", "Ruby", "Scarlet". Are they all tones of red?? Oh no, wait, there's "Blanche".
Last edited by ejm on Tue 13 Jan, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbara
registered
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed 13 Oct, 2004 5:17 pm

Re: changing your user name

Post by Barbara »

ejm wrote:In the thread entitled Facebook - any good??
blm wrote:I wish I had signed up to this forum as "Barbara" instead of as "blm" - I wished that almost from the beginning.
As administrator, I have the ability to change your user name. Your login password will remain the same.
Please do change it to "Barbara" then. Thanks!

ejm
registered
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:53 pm

Re: changing your user name

Post by ejm »

Barbara wrote: Please do change it to "Barbara" then. Thanks!
Done! :whoohoo:
Last edited by ejm on Tue 13 Jan, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mats
registered
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 11:32 am

No more MEF

Post by Mats »

Hi,
I'd like to change from "MEF" to "Mats"
Mats
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

ejm
registered
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:53 pm

Re: No more MEF

Post by ejm »

Mats wrote:Hi,
I'd like to change from "MEF" to "Mats"
Mats
done! :whoohoo: :whoohoo:

Barbara
registered
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed 13 Oct, 2004 5:17 pm

Re: changing your user name

Post by Barbara »

ejm wrote:
Barbara wrote: Please do change it to "Barbara" then. Thanks!
Done! :whoohoo:
Thanks!

-- blm (heh)

Locked