There is no particular reason for this haphazard group of sites listed here. I just like them. As you may see, not all of the sites are entirely useless.
(If you discover any broken links, please fill out a feedback form. Please note that there will be no response to solicitations for reciprocal links. Under no circumstances will I link to sites simply because they are linking to this one.)
- Abacus: Mystery of the Bead how to use an abacus (some people will say this should be in the "not-so-useless llinks" section)
- Anguish Languish by Howard L. Chace to improve the public's understanding of the Anguish Languish. (includes the complete version of "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut")
- Anything Left-Handed providing specially designed left handed items to make life a bit easier for lefthanders since 1967 (some people will say this should be in the "not-so-useless llinks" section)
- The automatic complaint-letter generator
- Bird Songs Greg Kunkel's recordings of bird vocalizations with simple, inexpensive equipment
- North American Bird Sounds
- Book-a-Minute Don't have time to read it all? [...] Our ultra-condensed books are just the ticket.
- The Buckner Mint Julep Ceremony
- Chile Pepper Hell scoville heat chart
- Chowhound ...for those who live to eat!
- The Cliche Rotation Project ...replace our current set of cliches with new ones of equivalent meaning
- Comic Strips:
- Computer Games
- M-W Word games Got two minutes? Play a new puzzle every day....
- kbhgames, arcadethunder, and shockwave - many free online games including BookWorm (Once you've started, can you stop playing this insidious game?), Typer Shark, Move over, Mavis Beacon: it's the typing tutor with teeth! and Word Roundup™ Trailblazer the rootinest, tootinest puzzle around!
- Rubbish Low Tech Space Invaders!
Play a game that looks totally crap - even by 1980 standards!
- Samgine (enigmas backwards) free online puzzles and logic games including Chess, Word Puzzles,
Number Trivia, Logic Games, Spatial Awareness Puzzles, Mazes....
- Chess.com - Play Chess Online Against the Computer (free)
- Cooking With Soroban guide to fine dining with abacus
- Dan in Japan - Jenglish
- Densa quizzes, puzzles, brain teasers and other fun stuff! Choose the fun stuff link
- Despair, Inc. Underperformance Awards, Demotivators, Variety Packs, DespairWear, Pessimist's Mug....
- Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division the controversy surrounding dihydrogen monoxide... reports on the environment, cancer, current research, and an insider exposé about the use of DHMO in the dairy industry
- The Dialectizer
Translate any page into choice of five or six dialects
- The Enigma Device Two new word puzzles every day
- Evil Overlord, Inc. Planning your Future, One Step at a Time while you're there, take a look at "The Parody Home Page" page
- Gallery of Regrettable Food introduction to poorly photographed foodstuffs and horrid recipes
- Hyperdictionary English, Computer, Dream, Medical Dictionares, Thesaurus (was 'The Ghostwheel Information Project' The Exploding Dictionary of English and Technojargon) (Or are you looking for websters online dictionary search box?)
- How fast can you type? (requires java enabled browser)
- Internet Anagram Server
- Internet browsing - final word
- Kaleidescope Painter Just drag the mouse and watch what happens (java must be enabled)
- Macaroni & Cheese Adventure We actually LIKE Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner!
- Metric usage and metrication in other countries
- Mind-reading card trick "the most amazing mind reading card trick of all time"
- my subjective list of top 100 movies of all time
- Nerd Test only a true geek would utter something to the
effect of: "Nerdity test?!? What a stupid concept! I'm too cool to take something as dumb as that."
- "Paint-by-Number" Puzzle Page
- Peep Research: those resilient little birds.... Don't miss the links to other scientific journeys: not all great research involves Peeps®
phpBB at etherwork discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening
- Really Big Button clone that Doesn't Do Anything (much), based on Really Big Button That Doesn't Do Anything either
- My insane rules for SCRABBLE®
- Spelling So you think you know how to spell?
- Storm Track (note that this tracker only covers continental USA - perhaps there are no storms anywhere else)
- The Surrealist Compliment Generator
- Tom Weller presents ...now featuring five sure-fire zucchini recipes
- Viola Bow You've heard of Tai Bo? Now try VIOLA BOW - America's Latest Fitness Craze
- Viola Jokes
- W3 Schools: Download the Internet "the best things in life are free"
- Websites as Graphs
- A.Word.A.Day a word and its definition every day
- AVG Anti-Virus System
Free Anti-Virus Protection!
Download, install and use AVG 6.0 Anti-Virus system to reliably protect your computer and data free of charge.
- Phone Busters Canadian Anti-fraud Call Centre Fraud. Recognize It. Report It. Stop It.
Conversions, Dictionaries and Weather
Web Coding and Design
Useful Software and Services
One Less Car...
Home, Gardening and Cooking