revised 29/11/2000 (serves four)
based on a recipe by Alistair and Judy
- black bean dip (make bean dip with black beans)
- 1 zucchini squash, chopped
- 1 red peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (or more) fresh banana peppers (or jalapeno)
- 1½ to 2 c cooked niblets of corn
- fresh lime juice (optional)
- spicy salsa to taste
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 tortillas
- fresh coriander leaves
- green onions
- Fry all vegetables except corn in oil until tender. When nearly done, add corn, fresh lime juice if you have it. When vegetables are done, add some salsa. Taste. Adjust amount of salsa, if necessary... mix til salsa is heated through.
- In a large casserole dish, stack tortillas (you can use corn or flour rotis) together with alternate fillings. Don't put too much between the layers.
- On top, sprinkle more cheese and add another hot pepper if you want.
- Cook covered at 350F for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven, let cool a bit and slice it like a pie. Garnish with green onions, fresh coriander leaves. Serve with sour cream if you want to be decadent.
printer friendly file
corn tortilla recipe
ejm (aka llizard)
Toronto Ontario Canada
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License