Chicken and Dried Cranberries in Dark Beer
© llizard aka ejm 2000, 2001
¼ c olive oil
4 chicken thighs, skinned (bone in)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bottle dark beer (or ale)
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ c dried cranberries
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Dust skinned chicken with flour. Brown chicken. Take out of skillet and set aside.
- Put onions in skillet and saute until soft.
- Add garlic and saute until onions are almost caramelized.
- Add dark beer (or ale), thyme and the chicken to the skillet. Simmer over low heat about one hour.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Reduce sauce by about half (or til desired thickness). Add cranberries and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with green beans, French bread and red wine or beer.