© ejmorris 2006
(Makes about 4 dozen)
- 1&fract12; c grated cheddar (about 6oz/170gm)
- &fract12; c butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil (Canola, Safflower, Sunflower, or ...)
- 1 c allpurpose flour
- &fract12; tsp salt (more or less depending on whether you use salted or unsalted butter)
- 1/8 tsp crushed chili pepper
- Put salt and chili pepper into a mortar. Use the pestle to crush the chili pepper very finely
- In a small bowl, cream cheese, oil and butter together.
- Add flour and spices and mix til smooth. Let your hands be your friends.
- Shape into a log about 1 inch in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper. Chill til firm.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Slice dough into very thin coin shapes. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet (allow some space between each cookie) for about 10
12 to 15 minutes or til lightly golden and bubbly.
These are wonderful served with pre-dinner drinks OR after dinner with fruit.