© llizard aka ejm 2000, 2001
2 c. sweet butter
½ c. sifted icing sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
4 c. all purpose flour
1 c. ground almonds
- Cream butter, icing sugar, vanilla and salt together.
- Add flour. Mix well.
- Add ground almonds. Mix well. (Let your hands be your friends)
- Roll dough into small sausage like shapes. Shape like a crescents and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 min at 350F or til light golden.
- Roll hot cookies in icing sugar. Let cool completely before storing in airtight containers. These keep for several weeks.
Cherry Snowballs are made by putting a maraschino cherry in the center of a small ball of dough. Bake for 10-15 min at 350F or til light golden. Roll the hot "snowballs" in granulated sugar instead of icing sugar. You can also make Pecan Snowballs by substituting pecans for the maraschino cherries and I suppose Cranberry Snowballs too by substituting dried cranberries for the maraschino cherries.