© llizard aka ejm 2000, 2001
Green Beans with Mustard
Dijon (grainy) mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash green beans well. Trim ends.
- Heat oil in a wok til hot. Stir-fry green beans for about 6 minutes (until they are almost done)
- Add mustard (about 1 tsp per serving of green beans), salt and pepper. Stir-fry about 2½ minutes more til the beans are done. It's better for them to be ever so slightly overdone than underdone.
Serve with grilled meats and baked potatoes.
Green Beans with Pimiento
green beans for 6 people
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
½ tsp dill seed (optional)
¼ c red wine vinegar
one 2oz jar pimiento, chopped
salt and pepper
- Wash green beans well. Trim ends. Steam for 2 to 3 minutes til al dente.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion, garlic and dill seed and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, salt, pepper and pimiento.
- Add the beans. Mix gently, cover and simmer for a few minutes til beans are done.