Haricots Blancs (white beans with garlic)
© TPH & ejm 2000,2001,2004
revised November 2004
makes about 3 cups
- 1.5 c dried navy beans
- water to cover beans
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder (or salt)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- On the day before you are going to make Haricots Blancs, sort (to remove stones) and wash the beans well. [an error occurred while processing this directive]
- The next day, [an error occurred while processing this directive]
- When the beans are tender, instead of salt, you can add chicken stock powder.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Saute the the onion until it begins to turn golden at the edges then add garlic and continue cooking until the garlic is just turning gold.
- Add garlic and onion to the beans. Let sit for a couple
of hours or so to meld the flavours. Stir gently. Let sit for an hour or so to meld the flavours. Reheat gently in time for dinner.
Serve with a green vegetable, a small piece of grilled meat and Rustic French Bread or crusty baguette.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]|