Endive Salad with warm Chevre © llizard aka ejm 2000, 2002
Ingredients serves four
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp raspberry vinegar
4 Tbsp mayonnaise
¼ tsp Dijon mustard
1 bunch Endive (not to be confused with Belgian Endive)
3 Tbsp chopped bacon
2 inch slice of Reblechon (chevre in shape of a log)
- At least an hour before serving the salad, prepare raspberry vinaigrette by whisking all ingredients well. Refrigerate til ready to use.
- Wash, dry and tear endive (or escarole or frisee lettuce) in bite size pieces.
- Fry chopped bacon til fairly dry.
- Slice the chevre in ¼ inch rounds. Put the slices between wax paper and sprinkle with sesame seeds on both sides. Press down gently but firmly to get the sesame seeds to adhere. Fry in a nonstick frying pan for 2 or 3 minutes or until warm.
- Dress the salad with raspberry vinaigrette. Put salad into individual plates. Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Place a piece of chevre on each plate.
Serve Salad with Rustic French Bread or crusty baguette.
this recipe based on Le Select Bistro's Warm Goat Cheese Salad www.leselect.com/recipeindex.html