Potato (etc, etc) Salad © llizard aka ejm 2000, 2002
Ingredients serves many
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp dry mustard (fresh ground brown seeds are best)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
1 clove garlic (whole)
15 new red potatoes (about 7 inch circumpherance) unpeeled
15 green beans, halved & blanched
5 green onions, chopped
1 red onion, quartered & sliced
6 radishes, sliced
20 black olives
½ English cucumber, sliced
¼ c mayonnaise
¼ c yoghurt
1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
- Into a large bowl put oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk it together for a minute or two. Put in whole, peeled clove of garlic. Set aside.
- Boil unpeeled red potatoes til tender. Drain. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Put hot potatoes into the large bowl with the oil and lemon juice mix. Gently stir around making sure all the potatoes get covered with oil mixture.
- Add blanched green beans into large bowl with potatoes. Turn them over to cover with marinade. Let potatoes and beans marinate in fridge til cold. This can be done a day in advance of serving salad.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yoghurt, chives, parsley and dill. Set aside.
- Remove garlic clove from large bowl and discard. Add green onions, red onion, radishes, black olives and cucumber into the large bowl with potatoes and beans.
- Add mayonnaise mixture in and gently mix together. Use your hands. Add salt and pepper to taste.
N.B. All quantities are approximate and should be adjusted for individual tastes.