Popovers (Yorkshire Pudding)
© llizard aka ejm 2000,2001,2002, 2014
Watch for oven fires with these! Keep a box of baking soda on hand. The fires are less likely to occur if you place the popover containers on a cookie tray.
Preheat oven to 425ºF
Ingredients makes 8 to 10 popovers
2 eggs, room temperature
¾ tsp salt
½ c unbleached all-purpose flour
1½ c milk, room temperature
3 Tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, beat eggs well; add milk and salt and whisk together til lightly coloured.
- Add flour a little at a time using a whisk.
- Use 8 small glass pyrex bowls and put ½ Tbsp of olive oil (some people use the fat from the roast) in
each one. Place on a cookie tray in 425F oven to get dishes very hot.
- Remove tray from oven and quickly add batter to bowls. Fill only to half full!!
- Return to oven and bake at 425F for 30 minutes. Leave the oven door closed until the pudding is well puffed! Otherwise, the pudding will fall.
Serve very hot with vegetables, roasted meat and gravy.