(click on image for larger view)
My sister and I made Vínarterta today. Yes, I know. It’s a little late. We should have done it a couple of weeks ago! Because the cake really is better if it ages for a month. But better late than never, yes?
We had hours of fun. Most of the time was spent laughing and playing Scrabble and Perquacky (yes, I’m afraid I lost again – read about last year’s baking day.) But we did get the cake done in spite of the fooling around. And we realized that we have been spending a day together doing Christmas baking each year for 17 years! Seventeen!
Oh yes, and also remind me to post the rest of the pictures I took of making the cake. (I’d do it now but it’s time for dinner: buckwheat crepes filled with spinach and ham bechamel… jealous?)
I’ve also been distracted from posting in here because I’m in the process of putting together my annual
I MUST be out of my mind!
- Vínarterta recipe
- Christmases Past “Disaster Averted”
- other posts about vínarterta:
* Mmmm… vínarterta (January 2007)
* pre-pitted prunes, eh? (December 2007)
* Yesterday was Cake Day (December 2009)
* Have you made your Vinarterta yet? (December 2012)
* This year, we are the Smugs! (Cake Day) (December 2016)
* And we have cake! (November 2017)